Meanwhile, over in Taur'en...

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005
Meanwhile, over in Taur'en...
"I'm putting you in charge of this, Captain Felmin. Here is the report from our advance scout." Commander Moreau hands the captain a thick roll of parchments. "Take two hundred men and secure the first three levels of the mine. Take the engineering team and cave in everything below that point. Once secured, send word, and then we'll send the necessary supplies to start turning the place into a usable fortified structure."
 
"Yes, sir."
 
"Read the report carefully, Felmin. Everything from deadly oozes to disgruntled beholders were found down there. If you want your men to leave, you best have plans to deal with everything mentioned in that report. Warrant Officer Dragonheart should meet you on location with any updated news."
 
"Anything else, sir?"
 
"Yes. About Dragonheart. She is skilled and loyal, but unpredictable. Be aware that if you give her an order, she may not go about fulfilling the order in the manner you desire. So be as explicit as possible."
 
"I'm sure I can handle the warrant officer, sir."
 
"Good luck with that. Dismissed."
 
The captain collects the two regiments, and sets out for the abandoned mine. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"He's gone."
 
"That's good news. Looks like he decided it wasn't worth the trouble."
 
"No, you don't understand. He was really unwilling to give up his home there."
 
"Apparently not as unwilling as you thought."
 
Tyrra squints both eyes. "Captain, I don't like it. Something isn't right, and there's a barrier down below which wasn't there before."
 
"We're caving it in anyway, Dragonheart, so that barrier means nothing to me."
 
"While we secure the place, I need you to take this message back to Fort Angle. For the commanders eyes only."
 
"But I can help wi-"
 
"You have your orders."
 
Sucking in a breath, "Yes, sir."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"It's been three weeks and we've heard nothing back from Captain Felmin. Take a horse and find out what's taking so long."
 
"Yes, sir." Tyrra turns to leave.
 
"Oh, and Dragonheart?"
 
She pauses, but does not turn.
 
"If something's gone wrong. Don't go digging around. Get your butt back here and let me know. Got it?"
 
"Got it."
 
"Excuse me?"
 
".... yes, Commander, sir."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"By the gods..... They're..... gone.... they're all gone...."
 
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
OOC: Be on the lookout for a quest on the calendar for this. I'm still sorting out some times, but it's happening this month!

__________________

~Milton Yorkcastle

"AND STAY DOWN !!!" ~Cole Norseman

"... if posturing and succumbing to their fancies is the requirement to gain their respect, they have already lost mine." ~Steel

"You may call me... The Cat Witch!" ~Sahala

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

/// it's on the calendar. ;-)

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006
Deep inside the old mine shaft, a large group of people huddle together in the dark.  One, a stout woman dressed in adamantium armor, is busy ordering the many men and women in uniform about, organizing them to tend to the weakest among them.  Facing a sheer climb out of the shaft, Tyrra contemplates creating a litter and lifting those unable to make the climb one by one.  
 
"Does anyone else have any idea of how to get these people out of here?"  She glances around at the ragtag group that helped her save the soldiers.  She then glances at Iri.  "And how do you feel about hurrying to Bydell Castle and letting them know what happened and request some help?"
Thanks from:
Offline
Rofireinite
Joined: Jan 25 2005

What a weird question!

Iri taps her lips with a finger and squints at nothing in the distance, and her face shows a range of emotions as she pauses and dwells on specific words.

How do I feel?

How do I feel about hurrying...

... to Bydell Castle...

... to let them know What. Happened...

... and request help...

She puts her fists on her hips and nods a little.

I feel pretty normal about this. It seems like part of the natural way of things, so I guess maybe "content" is a good summary. I am content! How do you feel about it?

Without waiting for an answer, she looks at a nearby soldier and continues talking, as if he were part of the conversation all along.

What if she says something weird like "disillusioned" or "precocious?" OH! Or "smarmy!" Can you feel smarmy, or is that just something you are? What would that mean, anyway? She throws up her hands. If she just had regular emotions we wouldn't be in this situation!

Her fists go back to her hips and she looks at Tyrra as if waiting for her to explain herself.

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra rubs her temples.  "Great, I'm glad you feel content about my suggestion.  Would you, please, just go to Bydell Castle and report back as well as request help?  I need to focus on taking care of the people."

She looks over to Armand and Lia.  "Are we certain that portal won't cause any more trouble?"

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
 
*Silence,... The world vanished around him.... again ..... and it appeared around him. .. again ... he basked into the feeling, almost addicted to the raw power fetl in his body during the transfer... the dizziness came after, the smell of gore of the slain gnolls that appeared alongside with them, and the quick work that the advnturers did on them* 
 
*Slowly his senses were coming back at him, he heard the buzz that other times would appear as voices, he was just still adjusting to the frequency of the travel, was always as noisey? he couldn't help but to ask himself * 
 
*Then he saw it, in a halo of light, the blonde girl that had returned to his life, he couldn't help to run to hug her... as his senses kept returnining to him... he managed to stop himself looking at her straining with the portal, he almost trips himself in a trajectory that might disrupt her concentration, which theoretically could have had very bad consecuences* 
 
*He focused on the barrier, to observe if there had been any change in the texture and the pattern of it, and try to figure out a way to help funnel some strength of it so it would be easier for Jenna to channel the energy and disipate the portal * 
 
*Eventually as he is drawing patterns and studying the strange and ilogical gnomish pseudoscience patterns, he hears Tyrra, and replies  * 
 
- Oh... what gave you the false security feeling that this won't cause problems again?  -
 
*He resumes with his calculations taking for granted that everyone would see logical that they have like an hour to funnel off the energy before probably being dragged back again * 
Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Her eyes widened.  "Alright, you heard the man!" she said, turning toward the troops.  "Let's move away as far from here as possible.  This tunnel extends to the shaft, so let's move and assemble there."

She looks to one of the remaining officers and asks, "Where we most of the men when you were first transported?  Topside?  In the shaft?  Have any idea how far this thing can reach?"

Offline
Rofireinite
Joined: Jan 25 2005

Iri seems glad to be moving and trots off down the passage without another word, seeming to melt away into the darkness sooner than expected.

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

As Tyrra orders everyone to move out, Lia moves near Tyrra and begins to speak, “Smart mov for now”, she glances behind at the portal descending beneath her, “Hit was meant teh beh one way hand what Jenna haccomplished was hunorthodox.  While Hyi doubt hit would beh hyused hin such ha wahy hagain, weh should still beh careful.  Hyi suggest weh find ha way teh disable hit without physicalleh destroyin hit.  Hyi would like teh study hit further, hespecially teh find the henchantment portion hof it.  Hif Hyi learn teh disable that heffect, hit might beh heasier teh seh how hit functions hand remove hit.”

“Hyi would halso suggest gaurds beh posted with regular relief hand muster teh hensure hall hare haccounted for.  This would halso hensure that hif hanythin does come from the hother side, yo harn’t caught by surprise.  Hif hany fall hin hagain, weh could send supplies the sam wahy so they don’t suffer the sam hissues the first group did.”

"Might halso beh ha good hidea teh hav Jenna record how she reversed the heffect, soh hit can beh replicated without her hif nehd beh."

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Even as the people move, Armand remains beside the barrier, awaiting to see if Jenna moves or needs help, he continues on the study of the patterns and how to help out to diminush the effect , he takes special atention to Jenna's state, and tries his best to help anyway he can, if he has to stop the concentration to do so.* 

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

Several of the men explain that after discussion among themselves following the effect of the magical device, it seems like anything below the first level of the mine was/is summoned away by the magical device.

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

"It will certainly cause more trouble until we find a way to dismantle or move this device, for that is what it is.." Jenna muses, "it traps people, but its not a trap in and of itself, but  programmed device.  I'm trying to figure out how to disable or perhaps move it away." 

*with some amusement she shrugs* "If I find a way to move it I could just put it in my attic, and it wouldn't bother anyone while I study it until I find a way to turn it off. "

*glancing away from the stone briefly around at the various too-weak to climb soldiers... then gives the metal-armed man in the group a smile*  "Armand, I believe you can solve Tyrra's immediate problem... a construct should be able to easily carry several of them out at a time.  Just rig a few slings or straps for them to lie or sit in as it goes, and shuttle them out.  The helmed ones float, after all.. it would just follow you up and down as you make the climb.  It would take a few trips, but not that long, all told."

*noting to Tyrra and the others,* "Just be sure, first, that everyone is out of this little cavern when timer runs down again."

*with that, she turns her attention back to the patterns and flows of the al'noth within the device..*

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*The gnuman has kept himself busy as Jenna had somehow interacted with the energy barrier, once she stops doing so he somehow feels a bit relieved, his mind busy in interminable calculations on things that might or might not have something to do with the problem at hand* 
 
*Upon hearing his name and the sugestion from Jenna, he seems to put his actual thoughts on hold while turning at her and the group as if measuring the posibiliies.* 
 
- I see the situation at hand, and i was thinking to build a pole system that helps carry the people outside like a wonderful elevator made of ropes and eventually we could turn it into something permanent with cogs and more poles, and ropes ... *He seems to be imaginating the magnanimous construction, but then looks crestfallen a bit * .... if we had enough time, that is it.   Which sadly I believe we don't .
 
I am not sure about the golem, I can order him to start taking out to the most wounded and the mine, But i am not sure how many we could get with one golem working thru there, its one mile, The  It migth as well be activated while in the middle of the way up . 
 
I have some theories about what to do with the barrier, we need to weaken it with specific methods, failed to do this we'll be probably sent back to where we were before, So we need to hurry to decipher this mystery-  
 
*To Jenna specifically he mentions*  - I was not aware you were that proficient towards Conjuration, you managed such a huge feat to be able to travel back just with the energy of the portal, other thing you could try is to try to use the remanant energy if any of the portal that brought us here and try to use it as a tunnel to get to Bydell and request the wizards of the kingdom to actually open a portal for the soldiers to go out. , Of course as mentioned before the feat you managed was hard enough, i am not sure if you could pull it again to go towards Bydell.. specially with no strong impulse as the portal used before, so how do you feel to try that?  -
 
*With this said he waits for the replies of all the involved as he resumes his eyes to his calculations *
Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

*She snaps her fingers*  You can teleport..  if you went to the castle and recreated the summoning circles there.. perhaps I could set this device to target them instead of the ones below?  Then getting everyone where they can receive aid would be as simple as letting them be "summoned" there.  After they've had a month or two to recover, then we could end all the summons again.  They'd be back here, but strong and healthy once more.  *she gives that idea some thought*

 

Thanks from:
Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra considers Jenna for a few moments.  "Retarget the summoning location?  Is that even possible?"

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Coupled with hus breakin the circle hin the hotehr location, hit might work.  Weh might not heven have teh mak hanother circle hif there his no focus for hit teh lead teh.

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*Armand gives some thoughts to the ideas presented, his eyes wander in silent calculations of whatever new project migth be imaginated by his strange mind, then speaks * 
 
I've learned to do that yes, but its not as easy as it appears, I could escape easily this trap yes, i could have done before, but i don't feel to well to leave with you all trapped here, Allow me to expand a bit on the theory of the instantaneous matter transfer, I could in thery move away from this place to where i've finished the ritual and to the area i've set up as familiar place to return, but for some place like Bydell castle, it might take about one day of preparation on the ritual here in order to have any slim chance to succeed.  
 
I have to correct myself a bit, sadly we won't be able to use the energies of the  portal created by Bydel mages to pull ourselves back, i should have been mistaken that with the remanant energies of the conjuration of the portal, so. no .. sadly not an option either.
 
I am stongly convinced that the only way we have to secure a way out is first to disable the barrier that caused the problem originally, If we had more resources we could try to find who created it and why, but each moment that passes give us less minutes away from whatever pit that thing transported us.  
 
With this said I need your help *Said to Lia and Jenna*  I have the intent to spend one big resource i have with me to try to disable, this is going to be a big shot in a way, since the power of this portal overcomes anything i've able to create for my arm or any formulae i know.  If you know abjuration spells for disrupting the existing patterns ( Any kind of dispel, Greater dispel , or Lesser Breach ). we could try to disrupt the patterns to deactivate this, then we'll focus on get out. 
 
*Then he speaks to the rest of the ones trapped there*  I don't mean to leave any of you out, but so far i know this two female-non-bullies are versed  in the ways of the Al'noth, so if any of you could help as well on the means already described, are welcome to join the common effort.  
 
*With this said he waits a reasonable time for Lia, Jenna or anyone else to reply before heading back near the barrier,  he is seem muttering how he probably have died a lot of times already due the teleportation process since his cells would probably had destroyed themselves and created a duplicate that actually thinks its the original* 
Thanks from:
Offline
Rofireinite
Joined: Jan 25 2005

Iri stands at Tyrra's elbow, slightly behind, with her hands clasped behind her back. She nods occasionally as she surveys the situation.

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra flinches when she notices Iri standing behind her.  Now I know what it feels like, she thinks to herself.  "So are back already or did you never leave?"

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

(( am I mis-remembering?  Though at the beginning we were teleported into a dungeon map, I thought the description we were given was that we were teleported outside a cave, and then made our way in..?  I didn't think we were trapped, just a long way from civilization... ))

 

"Sorry Armand, I've always sought to draw more and concentrate more of the Al'noth from within and through me.  I haven't practiced any kind of effect that destroys or disperses it."
 

Offline
Rofireinite
Joined: Jan 25 2005

Iri smiles up at Tyrra.

Hey! Both!

Remember the magic door at Dydul Castle that the majesty showed us? The one we went through to get to the mine! It closed! There's no knocker, so I can get out, but not through the magic door! Just through the regular mine door! It'll probably be a long walk back to the castle! Maybe I can hitch a ride on a wagon! Maybe I'll be back in a month or two! Where is this mine, anyway? Do you have enough food? She waggles her eyebrows. I've got half a hard biscuit to spare!

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

/// you are remembering correctly. It was a one way portal that lead you to the land just outside the cavern. The "trapped" bit is the fact that you are nearly a mile down into the earth, and therefore it will take you more than an hour to climb out, but the barrier's summoning effect, from everything you've observed, is set to happen again within the hour. ///

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra sighs and rubs the back of her neck.  "I didn't think you'd make it out that fast.  However, if you think you can climb out of here before this thing sends us all back to ... where ever we were, you're our best hope of getting a message to Bydell Castle.  I can show you where the mine is and how to get back."  Tyrra then sits somewhere near a light source and takes out her map of Taur'en to show Iri where they are.

Afterward, she instructs the soldiers to keep all supplies on hand.  With the potential of being teleported back, she makes it clear that if they aren't holding it, it may stay on this side, and getting back again may take a while.

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

// I thought we had also established (one of the first things we figured out about it) that the summoning effect was limited to the cavern where the barrier was, and going into the tunnel around a corner or two was sufficient not to be affected by it?

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

As the discussions continue Lia directs her attention to Armand and Jenna, “Hyi’m mor then willin teh studeh this magic further.  Hyi’m particularilleh hinterested hin the henchantment hif yo can direct meh teh hits workins.  The prioriteh his hof course teh disable hit, but hit does not mean weh can’t learn ha bit from hit has well right?”

Thanks from:
miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

/// The soldiers had expressed that they encountered the effect near the top levels of the mine as well as down below. So, the effect is limited to the mine, and therefore doesn't go outside the caverns (the caverns actually being above-and below- the mine). The PCs are standing at the bottom of the mine. So the effect reaches reaches at least a half mile up, if not further. My apologies for the confusion on that. ///

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*The gnuman looks is lost in thought , constantly processing the information and probably thinkin g like four conversations at the same time, then boldly states * 
 
- Yes the one who invented the nail, had no idea of what he was doing -  
 
*He snaps back noticing as Lia approaches and speaks about learning*  - It certainly would be a good study case, the enchanting pattern is created to confuse those who examine it, it clouds the mind to subconciously overlook the original intent of the barrier, granted the one who actually crafted this mixure of patterns shoudl be indeed very able in the trade. 
 
*He nods at Jenna's remark*  Don't worry, maybe then just be near in case extra energy is needed, I myself am not the most proficient on the dispelative patterns weaves, but the option we have is either try or wait for us to be sucked in again, so I'd rather try.  
 
*To Lia maybe a bit too loud for everyone to listen*  Learning yes, i have really no hurry to get out of here, I could take a full year down there to study it, but i am sure that eventually we would die of starvation or something worse, so we need to close as wonderful as this is,  I asked before, if you have some kind of dispelative or disruptive patterns knowledge or capabilities now would be more than welcome for the effort. 
 
*Before he moves towards the barrier again he speaks openly*  I don't want to give you false hopes, as I mention this is a long shot, not something i am able to perform usually, and it could simply not work, but its the only thing i have now to try to pull this out, ... Isn't it exciting? Its like a big gamble for your lives  **he grins*
 
*With this said he is seen walking towards the barrier, with one stash of papers on his hands, his big and ridiculous monocle over his right eye*  
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

She shakes her head, "Noh Hyi deh not.  The honleh thin Hyi can think hof doin his yo get teleported hon the hother sid, then physicalleh break hor disrupt the circle hon the hother side then yo teleport yorself hout.  Com back hehr hand test teh seh hif that worked, since yo can teleport hout hagain hif hit didn't.  Hyi honleh suggest that because the circle hon the hother side sehmed mediocre hand should beh heasier teh disrupt hin comparison teh this portal.  Hif there his no focus teh teleport hus teh, then this portal his rendered hyuseless."

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*As he keeps walking into towards the barrier he replies to Lia* 

- The problem is that we are facing something diferent here, this is not a portal, its more like a summoning spell, its indeed conjuration but not a teleportation in the full sense of it, what the barrier actually do is to pull you from here to there, once we got there i found that we still had the aura of conjuration about us, it bound us in the way a Summoning spell do, Jenna was able to "convince" the barrier to undo the summon that is why it brought us back, alongside all those gnolls that were brought with us.  - *he leaves a moment in silcence , for this to be understood then continues* -

- The main problem would be that there is no end point where we are sucked in, we are summoned to that specific point but the magical trace remains in us, not in a circle or a portal per se, so there is nothing to destroy on the other end, Again i could try to transfer my matter away,i've done in the past, but to get to bydell it might requiere a day ,.. or so .. which its what i think i'll do if things go south with this plan

*As he approcahes to the barrier, he is looking for a particular page of the small book he is examinating*  

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

Well, no it definitely summoned us to the summoning circles.. they were the anchors, the destination.  That's why I suggested re-creating them somewhere more useful to us.  *she shrugs*  You could make them right here next to the portal, or up on the surface too.  The ones below would probably need to be scuttled... though I'm still trying to figure out if that's necessary.. i.e. if the summoning array here 'looks' in a programmed area for the focus points to 'summon' creatures to.. or if it just 'summons' us out into the ether and then the circles 'catch' us.  Could be dangerous if its the latter, and we haven't made new ones yet when it goes off... if we destroyed the ones down there.

*She shrugs, still peering into the energies, flicking her fingers now and then, and holding a glowing opal in onehand*  Though if I can manage what I'm thinking of here.. it should defuse the problem....

 

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

////Are we at a dead end here?

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

// Its been holidays and after-holidys work catch-up and so on.  I imagine Lance has just been busy, and will get back to us when he can. :)

 

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Armand is already passing pages thru the book he is holding it, his eyes narrowed gathering the concentration for the effort he is about to do, the very same page on his hand now had way more power contained that his body would be able to stand at the moment, It was certainly fortunate that he had this formulaes saved for when he would be able to actually able to manage it on its own, he finally observing the area in the portal speaks with potent voice the words of power * 

- Ragha, Aeromitar, Rille'h Dragoos - *The voice gaining more volume as each sylabe being pronounced*  

*There is a small flash as the formulae on the book started to vanish, with each sentence read ... a purple light. .. or  . maybe violet, ( it actually could be the discussion of some gnomish sorcerers and schoolars for hours about the specific shade of color of the light  ) spur out of the fingers of the gnuman, fizzling at the barrier.......  

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

//// **casts raise dead** Refresh my memory. Lance, Armand is casting from a scroll, correct?////

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

// yes he is ! 

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

The magic of the scroll engulfs the barrier, and for a moment, the barrier blinks, winks, even, as though it is a candle about to go out. But then the image steadies, a solid translucent barrier still there, for those examing the magic of it, note that the aura is now almost nonexistent.

 

//// SC check for those who have the skill. ///

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

//  SC Check : 55 

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

// SC check: 33   XD    rolled real bad on that one, haha

Offline
Angels Guild Member
Joined: Jan 12 2011

// SC check: 17 + 26 = 43  (roll + skill)

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

//The desiccated skeleton that was Tyrra raises it's head.  "Are we done yet?"  Glad to see this underway again!

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

Jenna's study is interupted by Armand's spell, as she realizes it is Moraken's Dysjunction he has used on the magical effect. The mages are all quick to realize, however, that even an abjuration as powerful as Moraken's Dysjunction won't completely dispel the magic from permanent magical effects in an area. The magic is simply supressed for short time, likely 15-20 minutes.

And with that, the magical barrier disappears, allowing passage deeper into the earth.

Thanks from:
Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra quickly asks the soldiers for volunteers to venture deeper.  "If the beholder is behind this, we may well run into him.  Either way, this only leads further into the Deep.  There is a Dark Elf city down here as well.  So there is no telling exactly what we will encounter, but it definitely won't be friendly."

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

Tyrra quickly asks the soldiers for volunteers to venture deeper.  "If the beholder is behind this, we may well run into him.  Either way, this only leads further into the Deep.  There is a Dark Elf city down here as well.  So there is no telling exactly what we will encounter, but it definitely won't be friendly."

Lance Stargazer's picture
Offline
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Armand drops to his knees for a moment with a small groan, laying one hand on the ground to keep his balance, as the power of the scroll crosses from his body as a channel, the moment last for just few seconds, he looks up, a hint of hunger or ambition glint on his eyes, yet it last for a moment, he slowly starts to stand up, his next reaction is to look where the page of the formulae was, sighing a bit* 

- Well, it is interesting indeed, so much energy and just to be turned off momentarly, it appears that the magical circuitry of the contraption finds a way to bypass in itself, so returning to the existance within few minutes, this is indeed a state of the art pattern *he says unable to hide his admitation* 

*Maybe without even realizing the gnuman is seen walking thru the now accesible space, he does some small gestures with one hand,a simple incantation* to help him to discenrn magical patterns easily* 

*He stops in the middle of a step, turning around for a moment just to say *  - This will be open for about 20 minutes so, if plan to come now its the time. .. Money is the fruit *he says as if that had any sense at all, while continuing forward *

 

 

// *Detect magic

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

"Less friendleh then gnolls Hyi'm sure.  Should beh han hinterestin learnin hexperience."

Lia presses forward, making sure to stay in close proximity to Tyrra.

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

/// I'm thinking of running this next part of the adventure IG, during one of my Layo Dayz Saturdays. I'm looking at my best option for a Saturday in April and May, but they should be up on the Calendar soon. ///

Thanks from:
miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

//// I'm looking at either March 25th or April 15 as my next Layo Dayz. Any preference toward one of those dates? ////

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

//March 25 because I won't be near the internet on April 15

LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

//March 25th is perfect.  Any time after the first week in April is up in the air until I get comfirmation on some career things.

Offline
FolianiteToranite
Joined: Dec 24 2006

//Actually, March 25 may not be good for me, depending on when we'd start.  I have a family dinner that night for my mother's birthday, so it depends on when and if I get back to my computer on time.

miltonyorkcastle's picture
Offline
GamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Feb 3 2005

Well, I'll be on pretty much all day (like, from the early afternoon until midnight-ish), so we may find a time yet/people may come and go.

Because it looks like the 25th will be the next Layo Dayz after all.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments