*Near Lake Dantuc North*

112 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*Near Lake Dantuc North*

*Armand Dawson engineer extraordinaire is seen knocking on the door instintly for some time* 

- Hey excuse me, you  mister, don't worry i am  not KLOSD, and i don't see him around. . I wanted to tell. . . Oh.. one moment !!

*The gnuman goes away from the door, and maybe some minutes more returns and knocks the door again, the ones that might look at him would surely see that he is a bit more wet than before * 

- Where i was. . oh yes. . Mister , you have some elemental problems in your ship, you know?  I've dispacched them a couple of times, but .. apaprently more have come to occupy their place. . its .. safe .. for now. .  **he gestures to his well beheaved golem to remain vigilant a bit away of the door * 

Thanks from:
Offline
LucinditeMistiteGamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Jul 2 2005

Of course, it is fortunate that he adds "for now", as while he is declaring the area safe, more water flows over the piers and sludges about in a generally ill-tempered and discourteous fashion. The quavery voice within is having none of it. 

Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

Oh this is going to take awhile then - 

*He puts the golem on guard a bit forward as he focuses on the area around the first ship, trying to discern thru the changes in the ambient, if this creatures might be comming from somwhere else or if is as it apper just the water being .. alive now*  

// I understand that might be a bit far from the action , but basically trying to do a Detect magic in the area, to see if he can catch a glimpse of any sudden changes in the al'noth . Still its the first probe. 

Thanks from:
Offline
LucinditeMistiteGamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Jul 2 2005

Assuming I correctly understand your intent,

Armand's probe of the Al'Noth in the area indicates that the elementals are not actively being summoned from beyond Layonara, but rather reforming after being dissipated by his golem -- sometimes into more than there were, before. It's hard to say at this time when it started.

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Upon observing the situation and with his current observations Armand lets the golem cover the retreat as he heads a bit south of the lake towards the Outpost of Center*

*Once he reaches there, after some rest, he is seen asking around for able bodies to help to solve the situation around the lake* 

 

Thanks from:
Offline
ArageniteFolianiteToranite
Joined: Mar 11 2007

I'll help you Armand, all I ask is you remembering what I want you to call me, alright? With no justification, or explanation, it is what it is. *nodding firmly when Orn is reassured from Armand, goes about helping him*

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Armand snaps back to reality, as Orn approaches, apparently having a very interesting conversation with himself about some strange wonder that probably would not make sense to the people in this reality, after hearing her he scractches his head* 

- Course always good to count you on,  I fail to see the relation beetwen one way to call you, and the people in need of this outpost , but that is probably common tongue's fault -  *he mutters something in gnomish * 

- But anyway , there are  some developments on the lake near here , a poor ferrymen family, well not to mention the whole place filled with elementals. . . we need to do something..  . For SCIENCE!!! ... er. .. and. . . . justice.   yeah . 

*The gnuman looks around a bit shy, noticing that probably he raised his voice a bit too much * 

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*As the evening goes, the constant sound of the water echoing thru the underground area, reminds the group of the constant danger, the situation get tense as the time passes*

*The gnuman speaks*  Its not to put us in a more tense situation than we are, but i firmly believe that we need to try to restore the area to its original unperturbed state,  Its simply put.. think on it as a Dam, a .. dam of energy. . This dam has been gathering energy for the gods know how much time, and right now imagine that this situation has been created by a leak in the dam, If we manage to close the leak, or the crack, the whole area would become calm again.. and then we'll have time to see how we can remove the dam altogether without causing a huge shock that would be to just break one of the gates of the dam .

While its theoritecally true that there is no proof that removing the dam at all would put more energy into the enviroment, there is no proof that it won't , In my point of view, I believe that if we fail to restore to its original state, we could theoretically to destroy it later, its not the same as if we destroy it first, since we have not the knowledge of creating it from scratch, it could become quite a task . .

So my opinion stands in saying that we should try to restore it. ...  

*He looks to the other two as wanting to hear the opinion of Orn and Lia* 

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

While Armand speaks Lia continues to examine the circle, she hears every word before she contributes her thoughts, “The problem Harmand his that yo don’t sehm the hunderstand how lon hit takes teh mak rituals hof this compete…”  She reconsiders before continuing, “Well, hits not hexpertleh mad, but Hyi’m sur hit performed hits hintended purpose, seh yeah… competence.”

She takes a deep breath before continuing, “Teh recreate hit will tak hours, mahbeh dahys dependin hon what weh hav hon hour persons teh hactualleh complet hit.  Weh halseh want teh deh hit right hand has yo formentioned yo don’t know how hit was mad hand haneh hinformation contained within could hav behn destroyed hin the yehrs.  Which mehns weh would hav teh guess hon the final product.  Hyi hagreh that hit probableh won’t mak thins worse, but hif weh don’t deh hit right hit won’t fix hanehthin hand then weh wasted hours haccomplishin nothin hand weh hall hagreh tim his hof the hessence hehr.”

Her expression is empathetic, “Teh deh hanehthin hehr weh nehd yo Harmand, seh hin the hend hits yor call, but with the himpendin danger hof stayin hin hehr and the lapse hof tim hallowin this teh continue spreadin, Hyi just hask weh seh hif weh can destroy hit without causin mor harm.”

Thanks from:
Offline
ArageniteFolianiteToranite
Joined: Mar 11 2007

*Orn listens to the conversation between Lia and Armand, deep in thought as they speak, jumping in when she can.* I may not have full knowledge when it comes to magics, my strength is with the divine, naturally. But my sense in all this is to destroy it before anymore wild magic is set loose. It makes sense what Lia is saying, I know you want to do whatever it is you want to do for Science Armand, but I do not think we have the time for what it is you want to do.

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*Armand listens to both and first replies to Lia* 
 
Oh i fully understand the time it takes to create , yes, I simply don't see a problem with it, all the contrary I see an oportunity to create something better, we have the base of it and the point is that its actually working ... somehow, and you have mention it yourself, you are no expert either, so your observation of the time might be not exact too, anyway .. I fully understand that I have not seen the original, but we know that we want  it to do, purpose is the first thing a creation need. 
 
Also to destroy it could just make it worse as well, Its not like simply removing it from existance as if it never was there, ...  *He then says to Lia* There is no guarantee that if we disturb it more, and destroy the final would not cause greater harm, bieng me here or not..     *he gathers his thoughts as he hears Orn as well on that* 
 
*He replies to Orn*  I am not doing this recreation for just the science , granted it brings an special interest to me,  i am trying to accomplish a more soothing return to the original conditions, magic energy is a fickle thing, if we change things too fast as a destruction of a magic changer could be, we might bring a violent wave of energy that may make things worse, .... or not, In my mind always have been best to work thru the methodical way observing safety,  I am also a bit curious about how the enviroment will react to a sudden interruption of the efect, with the previous remarks about avoiding explossions i was hoping you both would prefer a safer way to proceed  *grins*  And we could even get an explosion of this that might actually teach us something.
 
*he sighs a bit replying to both of them now. *  It seems that i am overvoted here, since it appears that you two are set into the destruction of this ... masterpiece of work. .  then it has been decided,  Not much to do about it. .. I said it before, and for the sake of my concience I have to say it again,  Once we do this there is no turning back, since the ritual would be way more incomplete than before and we couldn't recreate it again.   
 
Now .. About destroying it... We'll have to be as careful as if we were creating one, alas its always easier to destroy than to create  *says it as if he was cursing at himself* So .. i concede that might be a bit faster. 
 
*The gnuman tilt his head a bit, as he examines the pattern througtly, as if looking for something specific* 
Thanks from:
Offline
LucinditeMistiteGamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Jul 2 2005

While Armand is caught up in his examinations, the others cannot help but notice the sudden stream of large bubbles that float upwards from the water. They eventually reach the ceiling of the small cavern and pop, raining confused fish back into the lake.

Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*By the time this happens Armand as completed his second walk around the area of the pattern, examining the situation, he seems unaffected by the water that had gotten him partially wet now, his gaze in deep introspection examining part of the pattern, now and then, he distractedly kicks one poor fish that had fallen into the ground back to its happy watery life, after completing the round around he shakes his head a bit and finally speaks again* 
 
- I am sorry, but i don't agree that the destruction of this has the least chances to cause an inmediate danger, more taking in account your previous dislike about explosions,  The ritual its already on their last, its going to destroy itself soon, and even if the consecuences of such raw power unleashed are a genuine academic intrerest , i'd rather not risk to be sucked into another plane of existence or becoming a pink Hippo. So no.. I am still in the idea that a more smooth transition would happen, one has to work on the ... *he seems to be looking for the right word as if repasing several gnomish words that apparently doesn't quite fits what he wants to say till he finally says.* ... Contention.    
 
**He looks at them both,** I hear your concern and somehow understand your thoughts, but in the light of what i see here, i rather try to fix it and calm the effect around than shorten the duration of the contention of the pattern due a miscalculation. .. Anyway *As he says that he opens his hand back for samples taking out some vials*  ... There is no way to know what would happen here with one or other, But i consider ... in the light of a study case, if we force it and destroy it in a fast and efficeint way it could  .. theoretically fix the problems on the area, but one thing i am sure about,, if we do so.. there is going to be a surge of power in the mean time it gets balanced, and that could either suck us into another plane of existance, summon a pit lord for watever or turn pink our eyebrows, and who would like to have pink eyebrows ? Now  blue... that would be a color to try if only one could pick... *he wiggles his red eyebrows at them **
 
One thing i can tell you here is that, the problem with the overflow of magic leading to the change in the magic casted in the area is not solvavle by now, No matter if the pattern is destroyed or fixed, the problem with the magic alteration will remain for some time at least...  Heck .. even fixing it could make a very ... academically speaking  . .. interesting effects to happen on the area due the very same function of the contaiment. 
 
On the other hand  *smiles a bit to Lia* If we fail to fix it in  time , we'll get the same result, eventually the pattern will destroy itself causing the aforementioned results. 
 
*With this he start to pull out the ink and preares to work on certain areas of the pattern with the ink, he seems particularly happy about something in general, while saying to the other two *  We have to learn from explosions,.. there is no funniest way to learn...  And that is what we are trying to avoind of course. .   *The last remark maybe was a bit less reassuring than what the gnuman intended to * 
 
//   Armand will wait for a considerable time for replies before  he start to work on the "contention" part to fix it according to the theory.
Thanks from:
Offline
LucinditeMistiteGamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Jul 2 2005

All of the leaves on a growth of ivy tremble and become leaf-winged butterflies still attached to the vine. The leaves flutter and the vine writhes as they attempt to fly away, to no avail. 

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

"That last part his worrehsome Harmand.  Har yo seriousleh confident henough teh fix hit hin tim before hit hexplodes hon hus.  Thinkin hon the posibilites that yo mentioned, well, Hyi hav ha large distaste for demons."

She considers for a bit before continuing, "Halso, hif the hexplosions har himminent, we should warn the fohl ferrehman teh habandon this plac quickleh."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*He smiles at her*  But of course i am not confindent enough that I'll be able to fix it time before the explosion.  Certainity never has been a prequisite for innovation,  i am prepared enought to work with high chances of success, but well... if this were a sure thing, where would be the learning, the improving and the knowledge?  Even with this. . there always can be misscalculations.  
 
Mmm.. .  I can tell you as before  before, the pattern has stood so much stress, and might fall very soon to its own pressure,  As for the questions,  if I can guarantee that i can fix it before it explodes?  No, I can't guarantee that, If i can try to do so?  Sure thing i can.  If it end being better than the original ?  Its highly possible too.   
 
Leaving would be diametral to our interests, I need help to protect the work and an ocassional help with the magic crafting effort, I can't stress this enough, Its imperative that no spells or magic is weaved while we do this, otherwise it would harness the energy in an unexpected ways. But if we want to have any slim chance to success we need to stay put, And if something comes out of the pool. .. well.. it might get bloody, , , .. wonder if we could see a mixure of fish and water creature next?  **he is lost in thought for a moment*  
 
Course i can't force you to stay either. But i am staying to work on this.. and who knows .. if we succeed we may even end with an energy battery that would serve for something more .. . If there is a Turniporter machine, based on momentum and the use of turnip oil that allows teleportation, its not by far a chance that we could actually build a energy source here . .. .   Oh the posibilities. . . 
 
*After this his mind travels far for a couple of seconds, before he snaps back to reality, then opens some ink of the vial and a piece of cloth and a feather and start to work on the damaged areas of the conductor * 
 
// With this said.. he'll start to work on the pattern of the contention, trying to recreate it as per the theory studied, he seems to be smiling in delight, with autentic academic interest. He'll use the inks as helper to conduct the energy thru back to the shape that the container had, Creating ways for the energy to be channeled into a more balanced form, and in thus trying to be lowering the leak of the container and restore it to the original intent of this pattern .,
Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Lia looks to Orn, "Lohks lik his mind his mad hup.  Hyi nehd teh help him hif there his haneh chance for success.  Hyi'm guessin yor doctrine requires yo teh help hinsur this harea his clehr.  Just return has sohn has yo get that hold fohl hout hof hehr.  Hif thins com halive sohn, Hyi don't know how well weh will fare halone down hehr."

Lia then moves to assist Armand with the recreation.  Taking note that she will be censorious if she catches him making a mistake.  ((Evil grin))

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

Up above the chamber, a series of quiet footfalls, likely belonging to a single person, sound on the floor of the shop. They move around the shop slowly but with purpose and gradually near the trap door, where they pause and go silent.

"I don't want to alarm anyone down there," says a male voice through the trap door's opening. "but at least one of you may have a problem."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Armand notices the sound up and doesn't pay much attention till the trapdoor actually opens, then replies* 

- Oh , that has been a common thing thru all this trip.  What is this new problem that we have?

*The gnuman asks with genuine curiosity , he thougt of asking about names, but the definition of things itself probably was not that important as finishing that trace that he has done on the ground * 

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

"I suppose that depends on how you define 'new'," says the voice. "I suppose the question is...are you responsible for it?"

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

Oh.. the relativeness of things. . . Its new or maybe its not due the mysterious nature of the problem itself, and as for responsable , i guess it might depend of what is "it" . 

 

But for the sake of clarity, if you mean the living water outside or the sudden rush of energy in the area, the reply may be no, we are not. 

*As he continues to continue on the work of the restoration, then asks as if comming to a realzation* 

Er.. . Are you?  

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

"Am I what?" the voice asks. "Oh, responsible for it? No....well, in a way, but probably not in the way you mean. Why do you ask?"

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*The gnuman replies without malice and with calm and calculated voice* 

I guess to be able to hold from some point of view an even ground, since you are asking if we are responsable for it, and in my viewpoint we are not, its not far fetched to think that the actual responsable of it could return.. the same as it could not return. . So if you are responsable in a way,...  That is the why .   

Aside that... Once we have reached to the ... particular reply of the same question on both sides, could you please expand a bit more on the problem that lead to this conversation originally?  

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

"Yes well...I am quite sure I did not cause it," says the voice. "and you say you did not either, so that is a good start." A hood-covered head pokes partially through the trap door and looks below, though the face remains largely shrouded in shadow for the moment. "As for the problem that led to this conversation, you seem to be standing in front of it. Has anyone turned into a chicken yet?"

Thanks from:
Offline
ArageniteFolianiteToranite
Joined: Mar 11 2007

*Orn looks to Lia and sighs, Orn then turns to look at Armand and sighs harder and longer* I am out of my league Toran, *she sighs again mumbling to herself looking up towards hopefully her salvation in this place* I could use a little guidance and help here, if only to keep my sanity and not turn into a penquin.

Thanks from:
Offline
LucinditeMistiteGamemasterWriting Team Member
Joined: Jul 2 2005

As if to answer Orn's prayer, a small colony of mushrooms near her becomes mushroom people all at once. As their first act in this new and confusing world, they rush to attack the ankles of the priestess. There's an instant of an unsettling sensation, and then the (now taller) attacking mushroom people are aiming at her knees instead of her ankles.

Needless to say they don't do much to damage the plate at this time.

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Rubbing her temples Lia mutters to herself, "Just when Hyi thought this dahy could not get hanneh mor strange."

"Neh chickens yet sir, but weh hav walkin mushrohms down hehr.  Can yo get teh the point?  Yo sehm teh know som hof what's goin hon round hehr."

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

"Perhaps!" says the voice before the hooded head pulls back out of the trap door opening and disappears from their sight. A few moments later, a foot plants itself on the first rung of the ladder, and soon the full form of a man in a long, dark blue coat descends in to the chamber with Armand, Lia and Orn.

When he reaches the bottom, he turns around and faces everyone, though his face remains at least partially shrouded in shadow by the hood. "I suspect at least one of you knows what you have here," he says. "but the question is...what do you plan to do about it?"

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

She points to Armand, "Hask the hanomaly hover here, he his the one takin charge hof this whole peration.”

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*At the moment the gnuman seems content to work on the restoration of the pattern, while Lia talks to the newcommer, once the elven lass points to his name, he makes a brief stop, once he is sure the current trace is completed and takes note of what were he is stopping following a careful and analitic method, then he speaks to the the newcomer* 

- Well.. again with the perceptions, its always hard with magic to give the objetive answer about what is what or how we percieve it, this might be indeed percieved as diferent things right now , or might be not  .. **nods sagley as if said the last part to himself,  upon noticing the growing mushrooms near Orn's leg he says * er.. we might do something aboutn those before grow into something that actually can hurt us no?  **he gestures to his metalic arm to them, and then adds*  And i rather not become a pinguin until after this is fixed  *he adds * 

- As for what would we do with it.. we are trying to balamce the energies in the area for the anormality start to cease slowly, this pattern here  **he gestures to the pattern that has been made in the ground* got disrupted, causing a sudden burst of energy in the area, which is causing . . well. . people turning into chicken, .. Water and plants comming alive to .. well. try to kill people .  and the like.  

As for what to do.. well...  Of course trying to rebalance the energies restoring the containing part of the pattern, so the energy transmision goes back smoothly and without a violent effect into the enviroment. . .  this is if- - and only if. .. we manage to do it before it explodes of course. . **nods sagely at the last bit, then resumes the work * 

 

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004
"Turnin people teh chickens? Weh hav neh proof hof that that Hyi hav sehn. Yo better not beh makin thins hup hotherwise Hyi will beh questionin the ligitimaceh hof yor plan."
Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*He smiles at Lia* Well, i am glad that you are turning into the inquisitive mind, instead of a quick-to-destroy type, To be honest i don't believe for a second you had been convinced of my plan before, so questioning is always good, as long as the questioning does come with a solution and not just for the sake of interrupting a work in progress  ....

As for the proof you ask, All i am saying is that it -could- happen, or you can turn in other things, or we could   lose our voice. . or be sucked into another reality .. its not easy to know for certain , for the characteristics of the anomaly,  But i seem to have explained this before . . **he then turns his atention to Orn*  And still have the problem that the mushcooms could theoretically keep growing,  . which trusting the operation here or not is still a problem  

**speaking all with calm voice he continues on the work *

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004
Her eye twitches slightly, "Horn, next tim yor hinclined teh smack him. Deh hit hextra hard hand sahy 'This his for Lia'."
Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

The newcomer waits patiently as the others talk and banter a bit back and forth. Though she talks the least of the two, the newcomer's shadowed gaze seems to fall on Lia more than any of the other two, based on the turn of his head. When they are done talking, his head turns toward Armand.

"So your plan is to make it better before it gets worse," he says. "This is a good idea...but it is not a plan. Have you figured out what caused it yet? Oh and...let's leave the smacking for later, I think..."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*To the newcomer*  It caused on its own as per my understanding, This pattern was placed here long ago, with this said, it had a lot of layers of compexity, I haven't been able to determine the initial intent of it, but i am quite sure that one of the parts that it composed was to store or acumulate energy, .. magic energy nonetheless.. . What caused this is in my experience the tampering of the containment part of the said pattern ..  What caused this tampering?  Well. .. So far could be either made by animals, vegetation or on purpose by someone..  

Upon further observation, the anomaly is leaking the said energy into the enviroment, with this said. . it affects any effect that is perfomed by "inducing magic" into it and changing the said effect, So under this reasoning,. this pattern of containment is failing to .. actually contain becasue this leak .. In theory if we close the leak and reduce the energy being thrown into the enviroment, the situation will start to balance itself in time... and most importantly. .. the containment pattern is on its last, it has been under a lot of stress and won't stand much more on its own devices, I strongly suspect that if it fails as that, a major surge of energy. . or magic will be pushed into this pit .. with.. well. . not pleaseants results. 

Our work here is to "close the leak" by restoring the containment part of the pattern.. Once that is done i intend to figure a way to actually defuse the energy and smoothly defuse the energy so the pattern can be disolved more easily.  .. that or making a huge battery for warming up water. . i had not yet decided which one...  but that plan has to be get on hold till... well. .  it actually stop from exploding. . . 

*Another draw here and there * 

Thanks from:
Offline
ArageniteFolianiteToranite
Joined: Mar 11 2007

I still feel it needs to be destroyed, innocent life in all forms is at stake. Couldn't you know create some magic bubble around the circle to contain the energy? Capture it somehow or redirect it somewhere of our choosing? For all we know the person who created this could have been in the same mindset as you, seeing what science could do, and in the end couldn't control it. What makes you think you can control this thing once you've put it back together?

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*To Orn*  Oh... That is more or less what i am trying to do for starters yes, to make it contain itself so the area around could not be affected as bad, .. Well  .. yes again with posibilities,  What you mean is true, it could be someone with the mindset, but also couldn't , we are especulating about who the creator was,  and sadly at the moment we don't know what was the original intent of it.    

IF it helps to calm your concerns , i am not trying to recreate the whole thing, just the part that contains the energy so its more workable later. .  

 

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

The newcomer listens and manages to not interrupt the whole time Amand and Orn speak, though his jaw clenches a few times. He takes a breath and looks to Armand before speaking.

"The way your mind works is fascinating," he says. "and the plan is...interesting. I wonder though how you will form a stable shell in the vicinity of something as unstable as this." He points to the anomaly, though clearly no such clarification is necessary.

"You do know about the other anomaly, right?"

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

While everyone includes their thoughts, Lia simply stares at the circle contemplating on the situation.  She quickly concludes the stranger is speaking of the instability of Al’noth in the area, ‘but what does he mean by other anomaly?’  She muses quietly within her own mind, ‘Other than Armand of course.’

“Deh yo mehn the potential hof dead magic hin the lak hitself?  Hyi theorised this hup rise hof nature might be tryin teh fleh hit, hence the spreading hand perhaps hostiliteh.  Hyi could find neh proof hof hit though, nor hof hits connection teh, well.”  She points to the circle, “this.  Hunless somehow the dead magic hin the lak, hif there his any, his growing has this energy becomes more hunstable.”

//Heh, realized I typed this out accent free

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*The gnuman seems content with the reply that Lia gives for the moment, he takes a couple steps to the right and pulls out a  huge monocle to keep working on the next part of the pattern, once he makes some quick calculations he reply * 

- We have not diserned any other Anomaly, as Lia promptly said,  I tend to coincide that there must be a zone where the magic is either diminished or non existent near here, or maybe somewhere esle,  But no, haven't not seen or located i. if that is what you mean . . 

*As he continues with the new part of the old design * 

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

"Yo know... hif the purpos hof this ritual was teh syphon Hal'noth, hit would hav had teh tak hit from somwhere right?  Seh what hif we treh teh direct hall this henergeh back teh the water?  Hif hit his halreadeh syphonin from the water hand weh direct hit back, well the hexplosion might not deh much harm, has the henergies will not be hable teh hexist hin the dead harea."

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

The stranger turns to face Lia now, and the features of his face that aren't shadowed seem to pull into a bit of a smile.

"Yes!", he says to Lia with enthusiasm. "Direct it back. Now you're thinking! And there is a second anomaly...a dead one under the water, as you expect. The two are linked, and one feeds the other, or so it seems. Oh, and for the record, I would like to avoid any explosions of magic, if at all possible."

Still directing his gaze toward Lia, he continues "So now...how to reverse the flow, hmm?"

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

"Well thehy hare linked, seh the circle should halreadeh have the happropriate hinstructions.  Hif weh find hit then hits ha process hof turnin pull teh push, hor replicate the hinstructions teh push back, makin ha loop.  Then breakin the pull."

Thanks from:
Offline
ArageniteFolianiteToranite
Joined: Mar 11 2007

*Orn looks from speaker to speaker, in the end she just shakes her head slightly and goes to lean against the wall* I am well out of my element here, I said my peace. I don't know how else to help here. If not needed then, I think I am going back to the poor frightened man to tell him we have an idea what is happening.

Thanks from:
Offline
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite
Joined: Oct 1 2004

"Yes, perhaps," says the stranger. "Do we know if the conduit between them is only one way? If not, maybe just stopping the pull, as you call it, will be enough, and the excess will return toward the absent on its own."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*Upon looking at Orn then to the mushroom splatted before the gnuman speaks*  I do believe that it would be better to stay here, we don't want that man to get hurt by .. well the things outside, not to mention that ... well. . we'll need your help, there is strenght in numbers.   *Shrugs*  Of course i can't force you to stay. .. just saying. . .  *the gnuman goes back to the work after a couple of seconds while still painting to the pattern he resumes* 

- In regards of changing the flux direction, There is a part of this pattern that was not designed efficiently, and this part currently its flawed and non operative. as intended,   It was not worked efficiently, but I believe that in order to first give some stability to the pattern the containment should be fixed first, *He stops a moment to examine something in the pattern , either the parto he is working on and some other connections to other areas to the pattern * 

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Concentrating on the stranger first, "Yo will hav teh hask Harmand hehr habout the hintricacehs hof this circle, Hyi'm ha little rusteh hon noticin the finer details hof harcane writins."  Looking slightly apathetic she adds, "hif hit was halreadeh set hup teh geh the hother way has well, Hyi doubt weh would beh hin this situation.  Hyi'm guessin weh would nehd teh hadd that hin, hor fix that portion hif hit was halreadeh hincorperated."  

With the same expression she looks to Armand and then back at the stranger, addressing both of them, "Meh companion hehr his stubborn though hand Hyi doubt weh will beh doin hanethin helse huntil the barrier his fixed.  Hyi honestleh think hits ha waste hof time hat the moment has Harmand halreadeh hinformed hus that this circle his seh hunstble that heven with the barrier fixed, hit will hexplode, which Hyi personalleh don't want teh beh haround for.  Correct meh hif Hyi'm wrong Harmand."  She pauses for a bit, "habout hit hinevitableh hexplodin hon hus, not habout meh wantin teh beh hehr for that."

She appears to show a bit more ambition now, "Seh hif weh can deflect the henergeh back, Hyi suspect that would deh ha better job hat himprovin stabiliteh then placing ha barrier, since blockin the pull will hensure hits not drawin hanehmore Hal'noth, then haddin the push should hopefully send the hexcess Hal'noth back to where hit came from."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007
*Without stopping the work,  he replies* 
 
-  The problem is that the pattern part that serves to move the energy from one side to other is already broken, and awfully designed if i might add,  Theoretically , when we reach to that part of the fix, we could make it to work in "reverse" alas that woud be changing the original design which some how has its own allure, Not something that concerns me much till the first part of the plan is finished.
 
As for how sure its that it will explode, Its not for sure that it would explode, but just most likely, to be honest there are several scenarios to consider, first that the whole system doesn't stand the presure of the energy being pushed into it and well it produce a surge of energy with in the academic point of view interesting results, As i said before it could just pop up plenty of bubbles around or turn air into fire .. to say some examples..  or do nothing. .  
 
In my opinion the very posibility of what might happen is reason enough to worry.  
 
*he continues on the work *  
Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Seeming pleased with Armands reply, "Hyi honestleh believe that settin hit teh reverse should beh prioriteh.  Hyi know yo want teh hexamine hit further hand thus hav little desire teh change hits purpose, but hif hit makes yo fehl better, Hyi remember seein ha crumbled wizards tower hin the harea whose howner might hav created this.  Could beh worth hinvestigatin hif weh desire teh delve dehper hinteh this mystereh."

Thanks from:
Lance Stargazer's picture
Online
RofireiniteToranite
Joined: May 16 2007

*The gnuman replies  after another inking* 

- Despite my academic interest, that is not my only motivation to work with the energy acumulation part, i believe that if the containment part is fixed the energy will stop pouring into the enviroment and would give us more time to work in the problem itself, Granted, its a gamble as well, casue the very effect of the battery -might- in theory cause a surge in itself as the same as casting a spell,  I've not managed to do a calculation of the chances of this, so just letting you know.  

- That of course would also happen if we had tried to fix the reverse part first, As per i see, the design of the mechanism to pull energy was too stressfull to itself,  And the quantity of energy lost on its funcion its ridiculous , so if we work with the "original" design, we have the risk to suck too much energy in theory , or again .. could do nothing .and the very same loss of energy could be part of the equation ... That is indeed interesting.   Let this be clear, its my intent to have this problem solved, and that is my priority here, but i don't see why one can't learn about it or improve it in the process.   *He continues on the task at hand *

Thanks from:
LFFF's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

Letting out a slight giggle Lia replies, "Seh what Hyi mehn.  Well neh point hin standin haround hand watchin.  The sohner this gets done the safer Hyi will fehl, hand Hyi doubt meh hassistance will himpede him."

She gets down to assist Armand fix the barrier, and while on the floor she asks the stranger without looking at him, "Hyi happreciat yor hinsight hand help hin this.  Hyi will not trouble yo with questions hon yor hown hinterest hin this matter, but Hyi would like teh hatleast know hour hassistants name."

Thanks from:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments