Death Bug after multiple deaths

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
FolianiteIlsarian
Death Bug after multiple deaths

I again died, and have a question, maybe bug.

I was attempting to mine fire opals, when I and my party died, we all respwaned and went down invisible to get our graves. I had gotten my grave and was on my way up and at the exit i accidently clicked a giant and dispelled the invis. So i was killed.

I was respawned at the bindstone in Vale. But i lost 10% of the XP to next level instead of 5% which is stated in the death system.

here: http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10816&posts=2

"Death While Recovery

...still satiated from the recent devouring of the elf's soul, the Soul Mother relished a second helping and consumed Arendir's foundation once more...

If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you respawn you will lose 5% of the XP it takes to level up at your level.

If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you have Raise Dead cast upon you, you will lose 3% of the XP it takes to level up at your level.

If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you have Resurrection cast upon you, you will lose 1% of the XP it takes to level up at your level."

Final question: do you have to rest to be fully recovered from a death?

thank you for any help,

and sorry that i seem to be having so many death related things. I guess i shouldn't die so much

IceDragonDuvessa's picture
DruidGamemasterKatian

Quote:

Three Deaths

...the continued and repeating anguish of death over such a short span of time caused Sordarir to lose a part of his being...

* If you die 3 times in Your PC Level * 15 minutes, you will force respawn and lose 10% of the XP needed to level.

* For example if a level 12 dies 3 times in 180 (12 times 15) minutes, he will lose 32,000xp (10% of 320,000) and forcibly respawn.

* If you are forced to respawn, your window is reset.

Did you die three times?

Whether or not you need to rest depends on how you were brought back to life. If you respawn you must either wait out the counter and rest away your angst or simply pray at your grave.

If you were raised or ressurected you must wait for your soul to finish reflecting and rest.

If you respawn and don't get your grave you must wait in game for 10 minutes times your level. (level 8 would be 80 minutes) Or stay logged out for 10 hours (no matter what level). Once that is done you must rest a final time to finish reflecting and get your stats back.

If you are raised via raise dead, you must remain in game for 10 minutes and rest a final time to get your stats back and finish your reflecting.

And if you are raised via Ressurection you must remain in game for 5 minutes and rest a final time to finish reflecting and get your stats back. Fun isn't it? ;) So yeah, resting (and waiting) is required, unless you get your grave.

FolianiteIlsarian

I had died three times total, during the entire time, but the first time I was raised and totally recovered. The second time the entire party was killed we all respawned and went back to the caves. Outside of the caves we were all invised and went into get our graves. I had gotten down to the second level and had Gotten My Grave. It was on the way out that i had died.

So it doesn't matter if you recover after each death? You still cannot die three times in a row?

EdTheKet's picture
AeridiniteArageniteAz'attanBeryliteBranderbackianCorathiteDoranditeFolianiteGamemasterGrannochianIlsarianKatianKithairieniteLucinditeMistitePrunillianRofireiniteShadoniteToraniteVoraxianWriting Team MemberXeenite

Quote:
Variable - 6/12/2005 9:02 PM I had died three times total, during the entire time,

That's it then, it's the dying three times, how you got back to living (by either, raise, ress or respawn) does not affect the dying three times within a time period of your level * 15 minutes, so you lost 10% XP.

FolianiteIlsarian

Okay, thank you

Thats the thing i was missing, i thought it was only if you hadn't recovered

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments