Testing Ground?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
KithairieniteLucinditeMistite
Testing Ground?

Does the single player module have all the haks and modifications that the multiplayer version has? I'm looking for an area that I can test character progressions for the multiplayer game. A single area would suffice as long as it had all the special classes, races, and modifications that the multiplayer has.

If it does not, this could certainly cut down on GM interventions *hint, hint*

Thanks.

minerva's picture
DruidLucinditeXeenite

The single player module is designed to work with the basic NWN materials and have the attractiveness (at least to some NWN players) of not having to have specific haks to play it. I might add it's Lore is really outdated and as far as I know there are no plans to use team resources to bring it up to speed. However it is a great module to play and has good replayability as different standard classes, races and alignments.

At this time there is not a character customizer that gives access to the unique Layo subraces, feats, and PrCs that I know of.

There was a spreadsheet that you might search for that did use these numbers to predict a character build - a search might turn it up or some kind soul provides a link if they know where to put their hands on it.

Thank you minerva. I do have the spreadsheet, but I think it is even out of date. I might need to brush up on my Excel skills.

Thanks again.

Voraxian

My son made a single player scenario for me that uses the layo haks. The only thing it is designed for is to test builds. I'm not sure how to upload it or send it off or I would.

I also use an excel spreadsheet that I got off the internet. It is designed for Vanilla NWN. The spread sheet is very quick and easy to use. So I use the spreadsheet in conjunction with what my son built for me.

minerva's picture
DruidLucinditeXeenite

Masterjack - it should be saved in your NWN files as "whatever he called it".mod - you could compress the file with WINZIP or WINRAR and attach it to a post either here or in a thread dedicated to the topic. The downloader would then just drop it into their NWN modules folder and access it via Single player mode.

Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

It's important to mention that even with the Layo HAK files in a custom module, things like subraces, custom feats and such won't work right. For most basic builds though, you should at least have some success in testing.

Voraxian

Quote:
It's important to mention that even with the Layo HAK files in a custom module, things like subraces, custom feats and such won't work right. For most basic builds though, you should at least have some success in testing.

That is correct Subraces and custom feats are not included. The layo specific classes are along with the experience required to gain levels.

I'll see about getting it uploaded when I wake up in the morning.

Voraxian

Quote:
Masterjack - it should be saved in your NWN files as "whatever he called it".mod - you could compress the file with WINZIP or WINRAR and attach it to a post either here or in a thread dedicated to the topic. The downloader would then just drop it into their NWN modules folder and access it via Single player mode.

Here it is it is called Experience. When your character starts you are dropped off in front of a bird called the Giver. The Giver will give Experience, Money and Items. The items are not Layo Specific.

You place the file into NWN/modules.

Do not download unless you have really old tlk and hak files of Layo.

Thanks from:
minerva's picture
DruidLucinditeXeenite

*just a reminder to decompress (unzip) it before adding to your modules folder*

Thanks Masterjack!!

The module will not load saying it is missing custom talk table.

Dorg, what would be required to get the custom feats and races?

Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

jadewillow wrote:
Thanks Masterjack!!

Sounds like it needs our TLK associated with it. Or maybe it's using an older version that you no longer have.

Quote:
The entire core of the module, including scripts, which we will not be handing out.

Dorganath wrote:
Sounds like it needs our TLK associated with it. Or maybe it's using an older version that you no longer have.

The entire core of the module, including scripts, which we will not be handing out.

Understood. Thanks everyone.

Voraxian

Quote:
Thanks Masterjack!!

Yes it probably is looking for an old Tlk file that they do not have any more. The Scenario was made a couple of years ago before V3 came out. I never got rid of any of the old TLK and hak files from before so I never had this problem.

My son helped me to updated it to accept the newer haks. I did a test run and it worked. Let me know if you have any problems. I'll be back on in the new year. Enjoy :)

Thanks from:

Sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't work with the latest haks either.

Voraxian

Can you expand on why it does not work. Is it the hak files? Do you have access to the toolset? If so I can walk you through to see if the correct haks are being used.

My son was just talking with and he told me some time when you switch the haks around. It shows that you are using the new ones but it's actually asking for the old ones. They only way around this is to create a new scenario.

The good thing is that you can use the old scenario to create the new one(cut and paste). I'm not familiar enough with the tool set to try and do that right now. When I get some time I'll see what I can do, it may be a couple of months.

Voraxian

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't work with the latest haks either.

Here is the old tlk file that was used by the scenario originally. It needs to be placed in the tlk folder after being unziped. This will not affect you when you play Layonara online. It looks for a specific one and ignores the others.

I can not upload the old control file (layo_controlv3) as it is too big (2.3 meg). Those are the only file changes that I made.

Angels Guild MemberVoraxian

Hi, I tried running Masterjack's revised (with help of his son) Experience program and also loaded the tlk file he provided. I still get some error message that reads as follows:

[Sat Jul 10 19:45:02] Loading Module: Experience

Couldn't load the Hak Pak File "layov2_update_v1.hak"

Couldn't load the Hak Pak File "layov2_extra_v1.hak"

Could not load the Module.

Missing required HAK file.

[Sat Jul 10 19:45:04] Server Shutting Down

[Sat Jul 10 19:45:04] david1199 Left as a Server Admin (0 SA's left)

[Sat Jul 10 19:45:04] david1199 Left as a Player (0 players left)

Primary player removed. Shutting down

Could someone please help me figure how to get this running....I really would like to try some things out.

Thanks so much!

Script Wrecked's picture
RofireiniteVoraxian

The two haks, layov2_update_v1.hak and layov2_extra_v1.hak, (seem to be) still available from the download load page.

Masterjack's module really shouldn't be using these files, which have been superceded by layov3_update_v1.hak and layov3_extra_v1.hak.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberVoraxian

As Pseud would say.."my hak goes off to you"

Thanks SW...I'll give it a go

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments