What would you buy?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
ToraniteXeenite
What would you buy?

Quote:
While suggestions are always welcome, bear in mind that:

1. Layonara merchandise reflects on Layonara, both present and future, and is chosen with that in mind, and...

2. It takes time to plan out a t-shirt design, even simple text, arrange it with the distributor, and so forth. It might even possibly...

3. Take money - which would need to see more sales to recoup.

While I don't personally have a hand in the Layonara store (though I think I'll order something soon, cross-border duties be darned), from previous discussions these have all been items of consideration when choosing new phrases to stick on t-shirts and whatnot.

The problem I can personally see with sophomoric humour (see: "My _____ gets around more than your girlfriend!", etc.) is that it may reflect poorly on Layonara as a serious gaming site for all demographics. I don't know what those in charge of DogmaWear and the like think on the matter, but that's my two coppers.

Darkstorme wrote that in on the closed poll about why players don't support Layonara. Money's tight these days but there's certain things we -have- to buy. Personally, I have to buy coffee. Shrowd's at her most volitile when I haven't had any in a while. And don't ask me how, I blame gnomes, but I'm often having to replace missing or broken coffee cups and mugs. What would I pay for? A decent coffee container. Doesn't even have to be ceramic as 7-eleven has some plastic cheapies that last a while for a few bucks. The trick is you can't always take things to work that say "My dwarf can beat up your elf." which I think is funny by the way. Co-worker either don't know what a dump stat is or think World of Warcraft. Either way, it's a bit unprofessional to show up with fanboy merch at work but Americans spend most of their time at work.

I'd go to work with a coffee cup (I always go to work with a coffee cup) that had a Layo logo on one side and something epic on the other. And I don't mean the diety logos. I live and work in Colorado Springs home of Focus on the Family and while I understand playing a Toranite doesn't threaten my religion, not everyone's of the same opinion.

No a cup with something on the side that emphasizes the best of Layonara. "The legend continues." or "The story is never over." come to mind. And while I think "Epic brew." -needs- to be on a coffee cup somewhere in the world, it's not something I'd take to work where all the people I work with can see and wonder what this wonderful Layonara is. But boy does it need to be on a cup. What would I pay for? I'd pay for something that looks professional enough to have in hand on the job but at the same time advertises Layonara as something all ages can enjoy without the stigma of WoW and other online games. Tough call I know but in the end, who wouldn't want a cup that says "Heroes are the common folk with uncommon character"?

Nehetsrev's picture
Angels Guild MemberIlsarianPrunillian

As it happens, my wife and I could each use a pair of new 20 oz. Coffee Mugs ourselves, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them in decent styles that are both functional, and easy to clean while still having 'no-spill' features. I tried a couple I found in the camping goods section at Walmart simply because they looked like the only ones that would fit in the cup-holders of our car and I've regretted it. The mugs are tall and narrow, making it impossible to reach my hand down into them to give them a proper cleaning, and on top of that, after I got home with them I read they weren't dishwasher safe either. They also don't seem to hold the 20 oz. they claim to hold, as I fill them with the same amount of coffee as I used to fill our previous coffee mugs up with, and they don't have as much room for me to add in the bit of milk I normally add to our coffee.

Ooops....didnt' mean to go on a rant there.. but I really need a good coffee mug!

Chazzler's picture
Angels Guild MemberArageniteDoranditeLucinditeVoraxian

Mmmh.. Coffee... the nectar of life...

FolianiteToranite

Id buy some! and i dont even drionk coffee!

Hellblazer's picture
Az'attanFolianiteMistitePrunillianToraniteVoraxian

I'd buy some too, but not to use for coffee hehehe.

Chazzler's picture
Angels Guild MemberArageniteDoranditeLucinditeVoraxian

How about a big glass fer ale? Some kind of a dwarven scripture on it would be nice! *grins*

ToraniteXeenite

Quote:
How about a big glass fer ale? Some kind of a dwarven scripture on it would be nice! *grins*

My favorite drinking glass was a big glass mug of Peter Griffin on his back saying "Let's drink until we can't feel feelings anymore". Sadly the glass was broken in a recent move and must be replaced. Since I don't drink at work, I would happily drink from a dwarven tankard. Perhaps Argali or Yuraxe would lisceanse their likenesses? (Argali was on my first Layo quest ever when Shrowd was a measley 3 so there's some nostalgia for me in an Argali mug).

Thanks from:
RollinsCat's picture
Angels Guild MemberIlsarianToranite

Dwarven Army mugs!

Thanks from:
Rowana's picture
Layonara AdministratorGamemasterKatianWriting Team MemberXeenite

Moving thread to appropriate forum. Carry on. Don't mind me...

~row

ToraniteXeenite

Quote:
Dwarven Army mugs!

So I play Furcadia, it's my first MMO (Hence my disappointment that Gnolls would not be a playable race in Layo) and I've been an off/on player for over a decade. It's a free server that makes its money by selling in game items they call digos. Basically if you pay us X amount of dollars you get to use Y avatar/feature/etc of our free game. Alot of people pay for this. Their biggest sellers are the 'competition' sales. A month of seeing which of two rivaling items will sell for more and I think there's some celebration at the end dependent on the winner. I don't know, I'd pay for Layo -long- before paying for an unregulated chat room.

So here's the bottom line. I propose since we've got the Dwarf mugs on the forum, maybe some Orc mugs to match off against. Or elves. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure dwarves had some manner of grudge against any race not sufficiently dwarven enough for their liking. Winning race is the feature of a quest at the end of the month? Just tossing the ideas about.

geloooo's picture
CorathiteToranite

Dark Elven and Elven Mugs!

To'ryll Solen and Ni'haer Vs. Aerimor and Elohanna! :P

Edited: Alantha was good. Pah! :P

Thanks from:
Pandapuff7's picture

Pin Buttons would be spiffy!

-Virgil

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments