Post here if the Server needs to be restarted

134 posts / 0 new
Last post
cbnicholson's picture
Angels Guild MemberRofireinite

Could use a reset.  I'm noticing quite a bit of lag.  Maybe after Lonn makes a mess tonight?

Huge lag spikes now, crashed out and can't connect, Can we please get a restart soonish?

Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

The server has been restarted.

AeridiniteAngels Guild MemberDruidLucindite

Server could  do with a reset.  Noticeable persisting lag.

Thanks from:
Charm2009's picture

There has been some double spawns, CNR not working, and crafting dice only rolling the 1d2 as well.

Thanks from:
Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

Server restarted.

Voraxian

The server seems down....getting the "timed out" message when trying to log in.

Thanks from:
Xaltotun's picture
Druid

For whichever poor soul has the delights in resetting the server, my heart goes out to them on a Sunday. It's 2 1/2 hours after Dorax' post and the server is still reporting it is 'not responding (timed out)'.

Help please?

Thanks from:
orth's picture
Layonara AdministratorGamemasterKatianWriting Team Member

I'm firing things back up now. Feel free to PM me any time when the server is down for like an hour or more. I'll get the email quicker than seeing this.

-orth

Voraxian

Servers down again, PM sent to Orth.  Also, there may be a larger issue with the server/Character vaults...I've made separate posts in the forums about these issues as they seem related/similar to yesterdays server crash character vault issues that Lord Cove and Charm2009 posted.

Server restarted again. Nothing to report yet on what is causing these sudden issues.

Thanks from:
Charm2009's picture

Fastrot *nods* They turned to goo!

orth's picture

I am just hearing the server is down again. Something more critical seems to be happening and I am investigating now before I start it back up. Nothing has changed so I'm curious what the problem seems to be.

-orth

Thanks from:
orth's picture

Okay my initial investigation seems to reveal a few characters got corrupted some how. Attempts by players with those characters to log in has proceeded to cause the server to crash yet again. I've moved those characters out of their respective vaults for now to see if the issue comes up any more and to examine what may have gone wrong but the server is back up now.

More on this in a bit but I have to leave work to go home!

-orth

cbnicholson's picture

Just general wierdness tonight.  Concrete examples.  Strange lag, could talk in party, but my spells were lagged out for a full min, all at the same time.  Other thing, speaking elvish- everything was said twice!  Restart, I don't know.

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberPrunillian

I get the language duplication thing pretty often. Someone said it's because there are two of "The Voice" near by interpreting. Not really sure if it's a lag issue.

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberVoraxian

Agreed its been real laggy last couple days; character and enemy jumping around and lots of rubber-banding.  Talked to some other folks who confirmed and didn't wana play because of it.  Restart would be nice; Milara doesn't need any help.

Thanks from:

We had a group come on at 7pm edt and it was crazy crazy lag...worst I've ever experienced and everyone was having the same issues.  Rubberbanding, jumping, chat was delayed 15-20 sec's...etc etc....unplayable.

Was wondering if someone could do another reboot, maybe with better rubber this time?  We're gona come back at 8pm edt and try again.

Also, once everyone left (it was just Tori n Griff), it got much much better; almost like there was no lag.  So it might have been our party size or playing in a party (I think we had about 8 or so). 

Thanks for the assistance,

Davidhoff

LucinditeMistiteGamemaster

<rowana> The lag does not appear to be the server according to this.
<rowana> I'll pass it a long to Dorg whenever he gets in but I'm pretty sure there's not a lot we can do about it. But maybe it'll be sorted by the time you guys get started.

Here is hoping. And yeah, 8 people is not enough for Leanthar Lag (ye olde plot quests), but we could try just buffing in party and then disbanding to see if that is of any use. If not, I'll drop Tori out at least in hopes that even a couple fewer players in the area could help.

Thanks from:

Got better once we came back on at 8pm edt.  Also, I think it might be kinda laggy at Bloody Gate with all the activity there

Voraxian

Is the server being reset now? 

Got the "timed out, not responding" message when trying to log in.  I saw that Vrebel was on a few minutes ago, but now there aren't any characters showing on the server status page.

Voraxian

I'm in now, sorry for the "false alarm"

The server is not being reset, nor has it reset since the weekend. I'm currently in-game with 2 other people. Sounds likely that there's some kind of issue between you and the game server.

silverblades's picture
Angels Guild MemberAz'attanLucinditeToranite

Can we get a server reset, several chests in stores are bugged (stuck) open.

thankyou.

Will do, but it would be a good idea to let someone in those stores know this before we reset so they can remove any items that may still be in the chests. If this is not done, the remanining contents could be lost.

I'm going to give it at least 24 hours before I reset.

AeridiniteAngels Guild MemberKatianLucindite

The 2 open  chests in the Angels Store are empty.  I saw no open chests in the Pawn Shop or in Cailomel's.

~~Ferrit

A reminder to all:  Don't run madly from chest to chest.  Please take time to close each one.

Thanks from:

Thanks for the update. The server has been restarted.

Thanks from:
cbnicholson's picture

Silverblades put this to my attention here. http://layonara.com/threads/1157342-bulletin-board#comment-2759840  I can confirm we're missing several key chests at the Guild Hall.  (193 Hempstead).  Can we get another reset please to clear this?  I've jumped out and opened the door with my key, gone in  and waited, no change.  Thank you.

I am presently without a video card at home (writing this from work). This makes it slightly more difficult to reset, though not impossible. Having said this, I'll try to get it reset at the earliest opportunity, but I wanted to explain the delays in response and action.

Worst case, the new card should be here by Wed. at the latest (or so they tell me), but I should be able to reset before then.

Thanks from:

Video card replaced, wallet depleted, server reset.... not necessarily in that order.

cbnicholson's picture

Could use a reset, getting duplicate elvish words and noticable lag by myself and even more with just three players on.

Thanks from:

Server has been restarted.

Teo
Teo's picture
GamemasterLucinditeCorathite

Server could use a reset... I encountered a minor issue of a giant flying wizard continually respawning in the DMFI zone... It killed my commoners in there heh. 

The server has been restarted.

Some creatures will respawn automatically when killed. To avoid this as a GM, limbo them and then "kill" them from Limbo.

Thanks from:
lonnarin's picture
GamemasterXeenitePrunillianDruidDoranditeToranite

Boom, July 8th 8:40pm EST

Dorg was there, but let's face it, was probably my fault from the quest the night before!

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberDruid

Haha I'll take the blame!  Primal water elementals raining down ice shards doesnt do well for server stability!

lonnarin's picture

Looks like the Nest Queen is another monster that limbo-kill doesn't work on.  She's respawning just outside the Angel's Guild from an impromptu earlier today.  I put up warning signs on the road.  Also were some bank and guild chests that are stuck open as well, can use a reboot!

Server restarted.

@lonnarin, see the GM forums for more.

cbnicholson's picture

Might be getting a restart whether anyone wants it or not.  Katelyn couldn't log in, got a different character not Kate when she tried!   As far as I can tell, we all bombed just now.  Our little excursion is delayed 15-30 min , new start 7:30 pm CDT.  I'll be back the server god willing!

I'm still bombing out at 7:30 pm CDT.  Looks like Vell is on though.

lonnarin's picture

Server seems to have gone down at 8:10pm EST tonight right as we were gathering for the exploration.

The server should be back up now.

lonnarin's picture

It was up briefly.  Got in and it went down again. :(

Angels Guild MemberDruid

Yep still not showing up for me

Do me a favor and stop trying to log in until I say it's back up.

*stands at the start line in crouched position waiting for the shot*

cbnicholson's picture

*Joins dave at the starting blocks and waits for pistol shot*

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberDruid

*Waits for the shot so he can off load all his platinum he was getting ready to make gears and wires for*

Sorry all... This is a little more than just a "quick fix". We're still working the problem, but it might be a little bit yet.

Please have patience.

Angels Guild MemberDruid

Sorry to hear about the server issue and the unfortunate five.  I'm just curious is it alright to log on now?  I noticed the server was back up when I half way logged in?

It should be OK, but there is a chance that someone might have a corrupted character that we did not yet detect. This is probably unlikely, based on how this problem presents itself, but I'm opting to be prepared for contingencies.

Basically, if you log in, and see no characters, you've probably crashed the server and should post here. Otherwise, you should be fine!

Thanks from:
LordCove's picture
DruidFolianite

Ack... as well as Flint, it looks like one of my chars is corrupted.

Login: Pegasus55

Char: Michael

I tried logging in with him last night and the game crashed. I just figured it was the game and tried someone else. But now "Michael" shows up with no name, stats, picture or anything and cannot be loaded.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments