Post here if the Server needs to be restarted

134 posts / 0 new
Last post
cbnicholson's picture
Angels Guild MemberRofireinite

Character: Charlie Poetr

Login: knightsfollytoo

He's got (////////barbarian/barbarian/barian..for a description) and now I'm timing out and can't connect on the second, third try.  Eep!

Didn't log in, just was looking.  Then I read the server issues.  Moving to grievance forum, sorry Dorg.

Angels Guild MemberDruid

I think the server is down.  Zig Griff and Sarillia were fighting Great Forest Giants and it all went black!

Edit:  Nevermind!  It appears we have status.

Angels Guild MemberDruid

Server still seems messed up.  I was able to get back on with Zig, fought a lone giant and then it went black again!

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberVoraxian

Concur..the message is authentic...1SQ..make your depth 10 meters

Angels Guild MemberDruid

Now it's back on!  I think I'll just stop posting.

Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

Hey folks....As a result of some top-level hackery (read: I did nothing at all), the server should be back up. However, if you you find it otherwise, please inform us, so that we can unleash the Minor Miracle and return the server to it's prime and operational state.

With Warm Regards,
The Administrative Staff

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberDruid

Hey looks like the server is down?  At least for me and Davidhoff.

cbnicholson's picture

Server crashed during the gathering of an event.  I'm going to wait a full 15 min before I attempt to log in again.  7:15 pm cdt is when I'll try again.

Not to be paranoid, but three Poetrs on is what happened last time we borked the server..Also, are you still considered paranoid if they really are trying to get you?

Waited , still can't get on.  I'm cancelling for tonight.  I had asked Brew if he could be around, but he had to work anyway.  Sorry.

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberDruid

Yes?  All I know is everything was fine until Swoop came on!

server is still down, is the event still going to proceed?

Angels Guild MemberPrunillian

I totally thought it was my end too... Dorg said "stand by..." in the IRC a few minutes ago :)

Thanks from:
Angels Guild MemberDruid

It appears it's been postponed but I'll be on later if/when the server gets plugged back in

Layonara AdministratorDruidFolianiteGamemasterLucinditeWriting Team MemberXeenite

Should be OK to log in again...except for one character (who has been warned).

Thanks from:
Angels Guild Member

The server isn't down, but a restart when convenient would be nice. 

There is a broken container at Leringard Arms.  One of the kitchen cabinets is stuck open, and I'm told a server restart is the only way for it to be fixed.  Its contents have already been moved temporarily, safe for the restart.

KithairieniteLucinditeMistite

Server restart may be in order. Seems consistent bad lag even when no one is on.

Thanks.

cbnicholson's picture

We in the deep saw some of this as well tonight.  Some jumping around during fights at least on my end.  Serissa said the same.

KithairieniteLucinditeMistite

Yup, died last night when one giant popped up right in front of me and knocked me down. Thankfully no SS loss

Thanks from:
LucinditeMistiteGamemaster

He's dead, Dorg.

*coughs* Hopefully either someone kicks it in the morning, or it jolts awake thinking it fell off a building or got in a wreck and woke up right before impact.

Or something.

Server kicked/jolted/etc.

Weeping Lily's picture

I think the server took a well deserved break, at least I cannot log in right now. Could someone nudge the server to get back to work? :) Thanks in advance! :)

Lance Stargazer's picture
RofireiniteToranite

Confirmed here as well , server looks offline. 

orth's picture
Layonara AdministratorGamemasterKatianWriting Team Member

Gave the server a fresh reboot, was up 191 days. Give it some time to get back up.

Lance Stargazer's picture
RofireiniteToranite

It seems offline for me for now, we had a huge lag spike and then .. gone. . America GMT-6  ( Central time ) 

Thanks from:

It was briefly up, but when I logged in I just got black screen and music...now it's back offline *pouts*

davidhoff wrote:

It was briefly up, but when I logged in I just got black screen and music...now it's back offline *pouts*

Thanks for the update.

FYI...pouting doesn't work when my kids do it, so it's likely less effective coming from a grown man. *winks*

Thanks from:

Did a full reboot. Server is up now.

*dances non-stop in the living room*

Thanks from:

@davidhoff...

Whichever character you're using to log in, please stop. The last three times the server crashed it was right after your attempt to log in.

I see a potential problem with Corky (I'm guessing this is the one you're using. Hop onto IRC if you can.

To everyone else, have patience, please.

Ok, I had a feeling it was Corky because the last time I had him on, I remember something odd happened right as I was logging off (I'm not recalling what was odd, just something was off kind of like lighting or noices).

I don't use IRC but I'll try to load it up.

Thanks

silverblades's picture
Angels Guild MemberAz'attanLucinditeToranite

Not sure if this helps but I was playing early this morning between 1-2 am PST and I crashed a few times when moving thru towns, like it was having difficulty loading any NPC's. Once was in katherian docks with the slavers. I can remember where the last one was. most likely where ever Sibbicai is now. I didnt see anyone else on server during this time. I continued to play after Corky left.

LucinditeMistiteGamemaster

Seemed sluggish last couple days, even before I polluted it with setup... I took it down before leaving (except some irritating to place things) without it helping much. Not sure if it already needs a refresh or what. Perhaps it should be bathed before milty gets to it, tomorrow!

Done.

Thanks from:

Server went down...hopefully it's not Corky's fault again

EDIT: Woops apparently it's back up now...nevermind

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments