The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: DNS Expiration caused tech issues  (Read 924 times)

orth

DNS Expiration caused tech issues
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »
Hi folks,

Just a note that the DNS expiring went unnoticed and temporarily has made connections an issue.  We hope they should all be sorted out within 24 hours.

Cheers,
James

Dremora

Re: DNS Expiration caused tech issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:51:53 pm »
That sounds like something to do with the forums being down maybe? Possibly? Dunno, I had trouble getting inand they look bare right now SO! I can only assume it is and you fixed it, much obliged :D

orth

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:50 pm »
Quote from: Dremora
That sounds like something to do with the forums being down maybe? Possibly? Dunno, I had trouble getting inand they look bare right now SO! I can only assume it is and you fixed it, much obliged :D

Indeed this would be why the forum was a ghost town, connections to any of Layonara's servers (forum, IRC, NWN) would have been potentially interrupted.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »
What is DNS?

Aphel

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »
DNS, acronym for: Domain Name System
"The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical distributed naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities. Most importantly, it translates domain names meaningful to humans into the numerical identifiers associated with networking equipment for the purpose of locating and addressing these devices worldwide."

Source: Wikipedia

GififtNeott

Hello there :)
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
Hi Fellowships everything allright? right now I´m creating my 1rst post on this board, awesome forum by the way.                                            
Lets head to my presentation, people call me Tomy, I´m from Curacao, now I´m studying on a different place now on Philosophy to get my PHD.                                            
I am very found of car races as well as sleeping lol, and I also play a lot Muse, my new hobbie right now is online poker, as most of you...I imagine....as well as board games.                                            
The reason I registered on this board to search for ideas to my blogs at Dinero Gratis Poker Online ...You can not blame me because you guys do have many fascinating discussions here, but indeed I will participate activatly in all of the discussions in the forum!!!!!                                            
I will also have to apologize for my english it is the only way I found to talk with you guys....                                                        
And for the time being it is all I have to post, cause have a job by shifts and so I will rest a few hours..............Just hopping you apreciated my 1rst post.                                                        
By Bye to everybody, See ya, and by the way Great 2012 to you all.......

anything