The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donation Link  (Read 6137 times)

Dorganath

Donation Link
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:08:22 pm »
Please use this link for donating to NWN server fees:http://layonara.com/donateAlso, you can access this page through the "On Neverwinter Nights" navigation menu.Please note: The tracker on that page shows the total after PayPal fees have been deducted. As a result, the net effect of your donation will be slightly less than the donation itself.

The following users thanked this post: Guardian 452, lonnarin, Ravemore, Lance Stargazer, Aphel, Brutus_Clawfoot

Rowana

Hey all,I'm writing to
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

Hey all,

I'm writing to explain how this is going to work month to month. This month was huge, we've taken in enough to do five months of fees already. This is pretty par for the course for how we've donate in the past (though I'm not sure if we've ever donated quite so much up front!). What's always been tricky is keeping up the minimum over the long haul. To this end I'm going to keep a monthly tally going and each month still ask for the monthly minimum. I believe there will be months where the community will fall short (for perfectly legit reasons!) and that reserve we have now will keep us covered but we'll want to be sure to have everyone informed on what that reserve is over the months.

To further explain, each month I'm going to reset the monthly need to the $118 we currently use to host NWN. In this thread I'll also notate the overall amount, less the fees paid out. So for instance, in January, we will be asking for the $118 despite the accumulated $604.02. The overall total will actually be the $604.02 less the month's fees of $118, leaving us with the standing balance of $486.02. My goal is to show everyone the reserve balance and hopefully keep us reaching for the $118 each month so that we don't end up with a surprise toward the end of one month of 'meet the goal or we'll have to shut down' sad pandaness. It's pretty clear a enough people would rather not do that!

Thanks for your continued effort and interest!

~row

**Note: These numbers are for December's amounts. January has already seen some donations (thanks!)**

Reserve total for December: $604.02 - $118 = $486.02

orth

Hi folks,Was working on a
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:07 pm »

Hi folks,

Was working on a quick script to automatically reset things every month and display the reserve total with the thermometer but I accidentally reset things too early.

Anyway, the monthly total was met plus an additional $5.23 will go to the reserve fund.

Reserve total for January: $486.02 + $5.23 = $491.25

-orth

P.S. Sorry about the 10 minute server outage :/ accidentally proceeded with a security update before I wanted to later in the evening.

davidhoff

Reserve Balance at beginning
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:10 pm »

Reserve Balance at beginning of December          604.02

Fees paid December                                                        (118.00)

Monthly Donations December                                          0      

Reserve Balance at beginning of January              486.02

Fees paid January                                                             (118.00)

Monthly Donations January                                         123.23  

Reserve Balance at beginning of February             491.25

Does this look right?  I did the math based on your numbers.  I guess we didn't have any donations in December?

Just trying to help

Davidhoff

orth

davidhoff wrote:Reserve
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:20 pm »

Quote from: "davidhoff"&cid="2752997"

Reserve Balance at beginning of December          604.02

Fees paid December                                                        (118.00)

Monthly Donations December                                          0      

Fees paid January                                                             (118.00)

Monthly Donations January                                         123.23  

Does this look right?  I did the math based on your numbers.  I guess we didn't have any donations in December?

Just trying to help

Davidhoff

There were no reserves at the beginning of December, that's when we began taking all the funds in. A more accurate table like yours would look like this:

Reserve Balance at beginning of December            0.00

Monthly Donations December                                   604.02

Monthly Donations January                                         123.23  

Guardian 452

Thanks this makes things much
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 08:07:13 am »

Thanks this makes things much more clear!

orth

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Reserve Balance at beginning of February 491.25

Fees paid February                                            (118.00)

Monthly Donations February                             202.41  

Reserve Balance at beginning of March         575.66

lonnarin

Let's make that thermometer
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:36:19 pm »

Let's make that thermometer boil for the month.  $50.00 tossed in the hat.

root

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »
Reserve Balance at beginning of March 575.66

Fees paid March                                            (118.00)

Monthly Donations March                             142.95  

Reserve Balance at beginning of April         600.61

ShiffDrgnhrt

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »

Wow, I'm impressed that the servers have a decent 5 month buffer, unless I'm misunderstanding the data.  Very nice!  :)  I'm glad Layo's still alive.  Wish I had the time and passion I did seven years ago.  But it makes me happy that its still providing fun times for folks.  Keep rocking, Layo!

root

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 03:54:00 pm »
Reserve Balance at beginning of April 600.61

Fees paid April                                            (118.00)

Monthly Donations April                             57.06  

Reserve Balance at beginning of May         539.67

lonnarin

So I was sitting there at the
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »

So I was sitting there at the camp in Center when this old man was being accosted by bandits.  Well they looked kind of like bandits, they could have been large raccoons as I had been imbiding the Xeenite wine at the time.  After I sent them running and helped him up, he dusted himself off and I asked him if there was anything else I could do for him.  He looked at me and said, "well you know son, I could use about tree fiddy."  And what do you know, I looked up and it was that darned loch ness monster again!  I said look here I ain't giving you another cent!  But then he said, "come on its for the server bandwidth costs".  I said well alright, I'll give you just one of those fiddies.  So i handed him $50 and bade him good luck as he went on his merry way...

($50 added to the gnomish thermometer)

root

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:22 pm »
Reserve Balance at beginning of May 539.67

Fees paid May                                            (118.00)

Monthly Donations May                             115.12  

Reserve Balance at beginning of June         536.79

Brutus_Clawfoot

Just plunked down mt monthly
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 12:28:19 pm »

Just plunked down mt monthly $10 bucks

Rowana

Hey folks,I'm just giving
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 02:04:17 am »

Hey folks,

I'm just giving this a gentle nudge to let you know that we're nearing the end of the month and are not close to our monthly goal. With our current excesse that's not a problem so yay!

Thanks for all you've done so far!
~row

miltonyorkcastle

Tossed in a bit. Thanks for
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »

Tossed in a bit. Thanks for the bump.

root

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 02:31:18 am »
Reserve Balance at beginning of June 536.79

Fees paid May                                            (118.00)

Monthly Donations June                             47.35

Reserve Balance at beginning of July         466.14

Fian Bearsark

Added some for July
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 09:18:38 am »

Added some for July

Brutus_Clawfoot

Yep! Another month another
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 10:33:51 am »

Yep! Another month another $10.00 Seem's like a god deal to me!

A friendly note to anyone who might be reading this. Any small donation will help. ;  )

Rowana

Good
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 11:43:08 am »

Good morning/afternoon/evenin' folks,

Just a gentle nudge that the end of the month draws near and we are only at 37 dollars (USD) and some change. We'll be fine for next month of course but it does eat into the reserve.

Thanks for all you do,

~row