The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 18 GMs = one CDQ?  (Read 652 times)

Pseudonym

18 GMs = one CDQ?
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:26:27 am »
18 quest GMs and one CDQ on the calendar for the remainder of the month??

Not complaining but the number of quests on the calendar was one of the big things that attracted me to Layo years ago. Can't help but think having only one CDQ (which is relevant to only a few PCs) on the calendar isn't going to entice many new (or old ones for that matter) players.

Is there something we can do, as players or characters, to help/assist the GM group?

The following users thanked this post: s0ulz, Hellblazer, Ravemore, davidhoff, geloooo

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: 18 GMs = one CDQ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:48:30 am »
Gotta remember it's Exam/Term paper time for any involved in schools.  Not exactly the best time for Questing, especially for our Student players.

Masterjack

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:57:45 am »
For your information I'm working on a 4 part series that should last 8-12 sessions. I just need RL to calm down a little bit and my GM skills with the tool set to be honed before I get it going.

It will be running weekday Evening EDT for any level.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:49 am »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Gotta remember it's Exam/Term paper time for any involved in schools.  Not exactly the best time for Questing, especially for our Student players.

That doesn't mean there aren't other players who would enjoy or benefit from quests on the calendar.

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:22:25 am »
Is there a way that we can prompt more from a player standpoint?  We can do bashy runs or rp events on our own, but as far as world involvement that only goes so far.  What can we, as the player base do to help the calendar?

RollinsCat

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:27 am »
*points to the Rumor Has It thread*

Plenty of stuff in there to start events with. make your own quest series (i.e. Ivanova, the Hlint/Haven stuff Mix is doing); pretty much every hint and rumor is a worm on a hook from some cackling gm.  Use the forums for those with less time, lots can be done in pm.

which isn't to say I would not like more quest options as well. Can't wait for MJ's series!

geloooo

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:56 am »
Can we evil folk schedule a siege of Hlint by Friday 8:30 PM AEDT? :)

s0ulz

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:46 am »
Well noticed Pseudo and since it's my CDQ that's on the calendar, I'll gratuitously use this thread to once again give my thanks to the most overworked GM out there - Dezza. Keep at it!

Warchild214

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:19:41 am »
I was hoping that some quests for evening weekday EDT times would appear  a little more frequently.  

Thanks Masterjack, and I look forward to your mini series quests. :)

Alatriel

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:15 am »
Quote from: geloooo
Can we evil folk schedule a siege of Hlint by Friday 8:30 PM AEDT? :)

This is... oh.... 5:30am my time?  (EDT)  ow... um.  maybe?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 10:36:06 am »
I personally haven't run a quest in several weeks due to a combo of RL, training/preparing new LORE members and GMs, as well as updating LORE.

In fact, several on the Team have been devoted to working with the new GMs over the past month and a half, and I think you guys have seen some impromptus and quest beginnings as a result. As the new GMs settle in you'll start seeing more pop up on the Calendar, both from the fact that they need less or no help from the rest of the Team, and the fact that since others of us aren't training the new guys we have time to start working on new quests. Also, we have several WLDQs in the works, and those take a lot of time and planning for the GM(s) involved. I suspect these are a few of the reasons this month is scant on quests.

stragen

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:21 pm »
I must say that the GMs have been active in the world, just not on the calendar.  On no less then three occassions in the past week I have had the magic RP-XP fall on my characters unannounced, as well as some interesting spawns.

Thankyou unknown GMs

Pseudonym

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 09:05:22 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
I personally haven't run a quest in several weeks due to a combo of RL, training/preparing new LORE members and GMs, as well as updating LORE.

In fact, several on the Team have been devoted to working with the new GMs over the past month and a half, and I think you guys have seen some impromptus and quest beginnings as a result. As the new GMs settle in you'll start seeing more pop up on the Calendar, both from the fact that they need less or no help from the rest of the Team, and the fact that since others of us aren't training the new guys we have time to start working on new quests.

Looking forward to it!

Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
Also, we have several WLDQs in the works, and those take a lot of time and planning for the GM(s) involved. I suspect these are a few of the reasons this month is scant on quests.

I'll add my kudos to that of s0ulz for GM Dezza who I think is taking on three of the four new WLDQ applications. Good on ya Dezza!