The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 548 times)

swoop

2 Questions
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:24:32 pm »
Hello! I have two questions both regarding my primary charecter, Quenton Bowstringer.1. He is a Ghostwise Halfling and when I originally submitted him in 2004 or 2005 the Lore wasn't posted for Ghostwises (or I never saw it at any rate, till I came back a couple years ago and found he was still saved on the server) and I've always played him more like a Lightfoot. I tweaked his background a bit on my own to better fit as a Ghostwise (His family had a farm below the tree top village and that's why his family was hit hard by goblin raids and that lead to part of why he left, etc...) Anyway, my question is where in Layonara do various Ghostwise tribes live? The lore page doesn't even mention a continent.2. Quenton is about to reach level 20 and I remember reading somewhere that epic levels required a CDQ, however I also heard that this is no longer necesary? It might be a month or more to reach 21, but i figured I should get the ball rolling for a CDQ if one is needed. Also he does not have a CDT but he does have a fairly well hashed out back story in my head and in his original submission thread. Cheers!

Alatriel

Hey there,I can answer the
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:28:59 pm »

Hey there,

I can answer the second question- No, you no longer need a cdq to get to level 21.  You would need one if you wanted to become a WL, which is a different process.  If you want a cdq though, you're more than welcome to ask for one!

Acacea

At that time there were known
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:27:07 pm »

At that time there were known communities of Ghostwise on Vanavar (near the grey elves), Corsain (the Blackwood), and somewhere in the Dragon Isles (atm there is a specific group called the Quickvine on Girrac, but there are a lot of primal foresty places there). I suggest not the Dragon/Serpent isles really, because of it would be difficult to get a lightfoot out of them with such little opportunity for contact with other races. There are several other forests that are pretty good candidates for at least a small group of Ghostwise, but for a farm below and goblin raids... *wobbles hand* You could always just pick one and make it a small community so it's unobtrusive - it was a very long time ago that Quenton left the trees, so no one will notice that they'd never heard of a goblin raid in the Forest of Voices, for example.

You could also shoot for a really big one like the Wolfswood, instead, so that a small group would go unnoticed by all but the rangers. Plus, they stay so isolated it's probably IC for someone to say, "I didn't even know they were living there" no matter where you picked. Just some thoughts!