The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Idea for something small which might grow!  (Read 121 times)

Walnutboy

• View Profile
    Idea for something small which might grow!
    « on: May 28, 2007, 05:39:06 pm »
    If i have an idea which is small and minor, based around some elses character action but is likely to grow bigger if they continue doing it... is it best to seek permission (which ruins the natural flow of the rp), strike and do it myself, or involve a GM and float the idea past them so its seen as more than just one person having a go at another?

Confused? Basically, i have an idea to draw focus on the actions of someone character. Rather than tell them the details i want their character to learn a lesson ICly. Is it best to talk with a GM about this first and discuss it? If so, how?

The difficult thing is that a) the character in question isn't mind, though the actions taken were witnessed by my character. b) The request for the 'lesson' is both an IC and OOC request... how does one do this? c) am i making any sense?

Wb.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Idea for something small which might grow!
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:22:51 pm »
    Well, you can tell another character about yet another character any time you want.

Kirbiana

Re: Idea for something small which might grow!
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »
    My advice would be to discuss with a GM before you do anything.  Also, even though it might feel 'artificial' to discuss it in advance with the other party, I think it would be a good idea to do that too.  If you want to preserve the suprise element, you could just send them a PM saying something like, "Hey, my PC would like to surprise yours IG to teach them something.  Are you up for that kind of RP?"

Just my 2 gp!

anything