The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Aeridin's summons  (Read 236 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Aeridin's summons
« on: July 06, 2007, 02:11:31 pm »

lonnarin

Re: Aeridin's summons
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:26:32 pm »
Heheh, very good question!  I'm eager to see the response on this as well.  Personally, I always thought Aeridenite summons should be less combative and more restorative/dazzling in nature, more like frumpy old men with minimal AC in robes who sat behind the party healing them and casting charm to "make peace" with the enemies.  Drowning people to death never felt very Aeridenite to me.

Kirbiana

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:43:22 pm »
Drowning people to death never felt very Aeridenite to me.

My poor Aeridinite girl called on Creature V exactly one time (not knowing what it did) and then had a nervous breakdown when it killed one of her party members. She also still has the burns to show from the one time she called a living flame. Ouch!!

:)

Weeblie

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:35 pm »
If I recall correctly, Aeridin's summons are going to be changed (sooner or later, anyway :p ).

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:25:49 pm »
sounds good! Let me know when and I'll make the adjustments on LORE.

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 10:40:11 pm »
Lonnarin, one of the weird things with that is that summons should be better compliments to the summoners, not replace them. The AERIDINITE should be the frumpy healer in the back - why summon something that does the same thing? Presumably he would only summon under great duress, so as a cleric he would ideally be sent something to aid him, not something that would simply be smacked down immediately along with him.

It's a delicate balance between "complimenting" and "replacing need for party members," I know, but the idea of say, a wizard summoning a wizard has always seemed strange to me. (Edit: But I never liked the elementals, either. ;) )

Anamnesis

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:21:43 am »
I have a problem with an Aeridinite summoning a Death Slaad though... even with a Lawful Neutral Alignment.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 04:46:27 pm »
That's what the censers of arcane devotions are for :P Better than a death slaad, yeah. Hehe.

Anamnesis

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 05:15:46 pm »
I have the censor of arcane devotions and have used it, my summons are elementals... except this one.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae