The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: SS Question  (Read 254 times)

merlin34baseball

SS Question
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »
Question...

I now have 2 characters with 9 SS losses so sort of two questions:

1. One of the characters has been approved for 2 SS returns over a month ago, what happens if I play her and she gets number 10 even though I have two that are approved but have not been refunded yet?

2. The second one now has 9 SS losses but the 9th was due to the invis bug or a spawn malfunction. I just put that plea in, but I'm figuring it will be returned at least due to the invis bug. What happens if he gets number ten before the one today is approved for refund?

I'm scared to play either one until I know the answers, or at least they will have to stick to areas where I know they can't be killed!

Thanks,
Merlin34

Carillon

Re: SS Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:13:46 pm »
Hi Merlin,

Mechanically, you would get a look at that Soul Mother cutscene! However, your perming would be basically ignored for all intents and purposes, and the refund treated as retroactive as soon as someone had some time to do them. Unfortunately, it seems the holidays have kept our database GMs even busier than usual.

Basically, your character would perm mechanically, but would be restored when the SS were refunded. They would not have permed in terms of RP. They would not have faced or seen the Soul Mother. They would still have their "last chance" GP option, assuming they had remaining GPs.

Hope this answers your question and sets your mind at rest!

Regards,
~Carillon

Rowana

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »
Quote from: merlin34baseball

2. The second one now has 9 SS losses but the 9th was due to the invis bug or a spawn malfunction. I just put that plea in, but I'm figuring it will be returned at least due to the invis bug. What happens if he gets number ten before the one today is approved for refund?

Additionally, if you put the GP request in for the invis issue, and perm after that but not before the GP is approved, you are still covered if the it is approved.

In both cases however, we'd want you to not log in until those strands were restored (though these kinds of issues tend to get a rush put on them if possible so hopefully not long!) and you'd still be able to RP via forum and stuff as normal.

As Carillon says, there is always the Last Chance option as well.

~row

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
Making sure I understand this

So I should not play the character that has one pending, but unapproved? If he dies before approval that's 10?

Sorry, don't mean to be difficult I just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Merlin34

Carillon

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:13:51 pm »
*laughs* No, that's okay. My first post wasn't as coherent as I wanted it to be. What Rowana and I mean is you can go ahead and play characters that have soulstrands pending, whether or not they are unapproved. It's fine--you've submitted the request so it'll be treated as retroactive to anything that happens after, including (gods forbid!) perming.

What Rowana was saying was that if for some reason either character DID happen to mechanically perm when you were playing them, at that point you should not log on with them while they were permed with no soul strands. However, in this case we would try to get those SS refunded as quickly as possible so your character would be playable again.

Does that make more sense?

Bottom line: Character with returns pending who hasn't permed = playable, no fears

Character with returns pending who has permed = temporarily unplayable, but we'd try to get the request processed as fast as possible

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:33 pm »
Thanks! Totally clear now.