The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: help-people hate me...  (Read 491 times)

Kaail

help-people hate me...
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:37 am »
I killed a mouse in a tavern and now lots of things which weren't hostile to me now are...including people! Why? I killed a mouse, that wouldn't make everyone suddenly hate me, so why do they?

ycleption

Re: help-people hate me...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:58 am »
The game works with something called "factions" - all the things with blue text above their head are in the same group, and if you perform a hostile action (attacking, casting certain spells at, using the taunt skill), they will change to the hostile faction - it will be fixed on server reset, or (I think) a DM can change in game.

For future reference, just RP killing mice, rather than doing so mechanically. :)

Kaail

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:03 am »
so say *steps on mouse* rather than actually killing it?

Falonthas

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:55:22 am »
yes its always better to rp such actions inside a town. if you log out it should reset your factions as well

Carillon

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:06:47 pm »
DMs can definitely reset factions! In fact, if this is still an issue, let us know and one of us will log in and reset your faction.

scifibarbie

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 04:50:06 pm »
This will teach you! Next time instead of squishing the poor mouse, you should offer it some cheese and maybe shoo the local cat away from it! Then you could truly say you are the hero! :\\

You could have a nice new friend named Squeeky or Nibbler or something. :D

Falonthas

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:35 pm »
and you never know when the mouse could be a druid in disguise,and you could lose your leg

Kaail

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 10:55:50 am »

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:11 pm »
I reset the server about two hours ago. You should not still be seeing hostile NPCs unless you've done something to skew your faction again.

Kaail

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 02:34:34 am »
thanks