The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Blood Seraph offspring  (Read 359 times)

drakogear

Blood Seraph offspring
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:41:14 am »
After reading a bit from a link in another thread (different thread, different question) LORE: Vampires

It states under Blood Seraph that they can procreate. So my question (though pretty obvious answer I assume) Can we make a lesser Blood Seraph? By lesser I mean one that shares some of there powers (lesser variations at that) but are essentially mortal.

Would almost think in terms of abilities and such the already made custom race LORE: Tiefling could be fairly good for them.

+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma (ESA +2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CHA)
Five (5) Points of Fire, Electricity, and Cold Resistance
Immunity to Charm Person, Dominate Person and Hold Person
Darkvision
+2 Hide checks
+2 Universal Saves
Darkness as a spell like ability
Must be Chaotic
Level Adjuster: 2
ECL at first level: 3

Especially since both Tiefling and Aasimar are not playable races... though are possible still a very few still being played.

Could possibly make it a new race then... with a few changes. Removing the elemental resistances and probably the immunity to Charm, Hold and Dominate and in my opinion Any non-good rather then just pure Chaotic.

Though all in all just a thought. Though... something tells me the answer to my question... is a big fat no. :D ... :(

Dorganath

Re: Blood Seraph offspring
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
Quote from: drakogear
Though... something tells me the answer to my question... is a big fat no. :D ... :(

You are correct.

For starters, the dynamics of this world are simply not set up for undead playable races. People have a hard enough time trying to fit a dark elf into the world. Vampires (well and undead in general) would take that to a new level.  

There's a bunch of other problems with this as well, many of them in the realm of RP (both on the part of the character and the rest of the server).  

So this is less about adding new playable races (willingness and/or possibility) and more about it just being a bad idea for Layonara as it presently stands.