The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bloody Gates  (Read 566 times)

Mooneyes

Bloody Gates
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:58:21 pm »
I came accross the Bloody Gates sign and read about the 7 year truce or treaty not to enter or accept the consequences.  Does this still apply or can players go in there now?  I know the 7 years have well passed in Layo time.  I would appreciate any comments about this.

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, willhoff

lonnarin

Re: Bloody Gates
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:00 pm »
That's the pass to Milara's Domain in the Mountains of Madness right?  I'm curious about that spot as well.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 01:13:03 pm »
You can enter, but at your own risk. Few things beyond that sign are terribly friendly, and Milara may in fact show up to "greet" you. It is still his domain, afterall.

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 01:35:36 pm »
If your character asks around, someone might know a group who were curious enough to find out about it. *hint hint*

Mooneyes

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:39:36 pm »
Hmmm, *thinking* so I guess if someone wanted to have a little "fun" and "caught" in there then you're smoke. (Which can be fun sometimes depending on the outcome )What are the chances of playing this out in the Layo world as Layo exists today?  

These questions are to only satisfy my curiosity. But right now I am not "curious" enough to go in there.:)

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

Mooneyes

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:41:19 pm »
ycleption,

You beat me too it :) Hmmm * rubs her chin*  maybe it is time to start asking around.

Mooneyes

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 01:43:40 pm »
Actually there are places beyond that sign that are mechanically uninhabited, but that doesn't mean they are truly empty. I think there's description triggers that send you a message, but I haven't looked in a while.

Anyway, there's two things to keep in mind when passing that point:

1) What lies beyond may in fact be very, very difficult and intentionally so. You're taking your character's life into your own hands by doing that, and a "unbalanced spawn" justification for any lost Soul Strands in the areas will not be considered.

2) In the event that you enter areas that are uninhabited, your visit there is OOC only, i.e. for player interest and curiosity. It should not be considered an IC visit unless guided by and properly represented by a GM.

The 7-year agreement has long expired, and whatever it was that Milara was trying to do has been done. The full representation of that "something" however is not going to be visible, so just keep that in mind.  I'll verify this later, but it is largely best to keep your visit there as an OOC thing only.

Mooneyes

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:11:17 pm »
Thanks Dorg

I will keep that in mind should I have the hankering to go in there :)

Mooneyes

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 02:13:18 pm »
BTW, If someone would like to take a OOC look around then I may be up for it.  Just let me know and I may be game. :)

akata

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 02:19:16 pm »
hehe.. curious here, how do you take a OOC look around a place IG?

Filatus

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 02:28:28 pm »
Quote from: akata
hehe.. curious here, how do you take a OOC look around a place IG?

There's been area's in the previous campaign that were there, but PC's were only allowed to visit them ooc-ly. Including area description on entering where this was mentioned.

It basically means, you can look, but it never happened for your character and you shouldn't rp it.

Masterjack

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 06:44:56 am »
If you are playing a dwarf I suggest you do not enter there as it may have a negative affect on Bloody Gate its self. All Dwarfs would know about that.

anything