The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Can't get unwanted things out of inventory  (Read 366 times)

davidhoff

Can't get unwanted things out of inventory
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:12:41 pm »
Hi,

I have two things in my inventory I want to get out but can't.  (1) PC Properties (looks like a hide); (2) Helmet of Armor I (I don't want to drop this one if I need it to upgrade latter to a better one given in a future quest).  I can't drop, sell or transfer these things out.  Please help.

Davehoff

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Can't get unwanted things out of inventory
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:24:36 pm »
This is working as intended - sortof.

The Helmet of Armor I is a quest reward, and is undroppable. It's also really useful - and is, in fact, required to complete the second Helm of Armor quest. However, a DM can remove it for you, if you really so desire.

The PC Properties skin item SHOULD be going away, but if it's not, try having the same DM remove it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 11:31:22 pm »
The Helm of ARmor 1 is necessary in order to get the Helm of ARmor 2.  If you get rid of the first one you cant complete the quest to get the better one

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:32:30 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
The Helm of ARmor 1 is necessary in order to get the Helm of ARmor 2.  If you get rid of the first one you cant complete the quest to get the better one

Right, then; I was under the impression it wasn't - then again, never thrown my Helm of Armor I away. Will edit above post.

twidget658

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 05:09:47 am »
PC properties may be the skin that makes you a race. If you watch the log in screen, it will say that your subrace has been adjusted. Also, do not move when you log in until you see the "Welcome to Layonara!" line in the right hand column.

If this happens, just resting will apply the skin.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
Quote from: twidget658
PC properties may be the skin that makes you a race. If you watch the log in screen, it will say that your subrace has been adjusted. Also, do not move when you log in until you see the "Welcome to Layonara!" line in the right hand column.

If this happens, just resting will apply the skin.

I was under the impression that the race and custom class skins are Empty Creature Skin.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 12:43:21 pm »
I know what he's talking about.  It happened to me.  this is part of the 1.69 patch.  Bioware created it's own "skin" thing to facilitate Subraces and such, it's not the same as ours, I believe.

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:50:08 pm »
That's actually for the horse riding, I believe.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 12:53:11 pm »
what Acacea said...

twidget658

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
I was under the impression that the race and custom class skins are Empty Creature Skin.

That is correct, Stephen.

Ami got one too when she updated her horse and bought a saddle. *nods to Acacea*

davidhoff

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 07:05:37 pm »
Thank you all...

I think the skin was what you all have said; it did say something about 1.69 and something about horse riding.

I wouldn't have minded it in my inventory (great pic by Shiff by the way), but it did take up space and was frustrating seeing it there and infringed with my RP of the game.

I just logged in and it's gone; YES!  Thanks to any DM out there if you removed it for me.

Thanks again to everyone; (ps, I will be keeping the helmet for the later upgrade)

anything