The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: CD-Key in use  (Read 729 times)

drakogear

CD-Key in use
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:28 pm »
Well, this is a bit odd... may have just been some sorta glitch or something. but after creating Aidon Talmar in game and getting into Center I rested then logged out (assuming thats still required with new characters) and now can't get back in. Saying my CD-Key is in use on the server. Any way to fix this?

Dorganath

Re: CD-Key in use
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »
Quote from: drakogear
Well, this is a bit odd... may have just been some sorta glitch or something. but after creating Aidon Talmar in game and getting into Center I rested then logged out (assuming thats still required with new characters) and now can't get back in. Saying my CD-Key is in use on the server. Any way to fix this?

Usually, when this happens, it will time out after a few minutes.

drakogear

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »
been a few hours and I still can't get in.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:43 pm »
If you bought your copy of NWN off GOG.com, they have this tendency to give everybody the same CD keys. You'll have to request they send you a new set or find another set of your own, then alter the cdkey text file in your NWN folder.

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:22:33 am »
Yeah gog.com gives the same cd-key to everyone, which is bad bad. But just send an email to gog.com's support and they should provide you a unique one. (given that you have bought your game from them).

drakogear

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »
Sadly didn't get my game from GOG... or Steam though still think it was just a server glitch... just had to wait a bit longer (till the sever reset I think) for the server to realize I was not actually logged in anymore. I'm able to log in now though.