The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Missing at Login  (Read 406 times)

Ravemore

Character Missing at Login
« on: November 30, 2013, 07:48:34 pm »
Not sure if this should be posted as a bug. My "goodie-good" alignment character Bartholomew Sampson was part of the Toranite Leadership Program. He is no longer one of my NWN character choices when I login. I would like to use him to continue training if the program is still active... or begin playing him as a regular Lvl 1 character.How would I go about having him as a character login choice again?Approval thread is below:http://layonara.com/threads/1283557-new-character-submission-bartholomew-sampson-ii-toran-leadership-application

Dorganath

My guess would be you had him
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

My guess would be you had him deleted.  The request would have aged off by now, unfortunately, and I have no way to verify that one way or the other. I also have no way to restore it if it was deleted, which seems to be the case.

As far as restarting it, that's primarily a CA matter. If/when you do get approved to restart, bear in mind that you may not restart the character with the same name. If you do, it'll pull in all the database entries from the previous character, which messes up all sorts of things and...well, it's just bad. That said, this character only made it to Level 2 (according to the database), so restarting fresh doesn't look like it will be a massive burden overall.

Ravemore

Hmmm.. Never asked him to be
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:32:09 am »

Hmmm.. Never asked him to be deleted, but you are also correct. The burden to start at lvl1 is very small. I'll just resubmit with a tweak to the name. Thanks for looking into that Dorg.

anything