The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Coming back  (Read 1908 times)

lolli_gagged

Coming back
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:04:50 am »
Hello, it has been a longgggggg while since I have played. My baby is not a baby anymore and I have time now. Problem is I cannot remember what i need to do to log on.  I can bet i need to download modules/whatever they are called. Where do i start?

thanks for the help

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Lynn1020

Hellblazer

Re: Coming back
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:07:46 am »
http://forums.layonara.com/local_links.php

For the hacks and all the stuff you would need.

Good to see you coming back again.

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:10:20 am »
First off, welcome back!  Second, yes, you'll need to download the new haks and tlk file so that you're up to date with our current version.  Next, you'll need to decide if you're bringing back an old character or starting a new one.  If you'd like to start a new one, simply submit to the Character Submissions, like I'm sure you had to do before, and our CA team will work with you.  Any other questions, just let us know.  Also, if you need more immediate help, feel free to look for us on IRC at irc.layonara.com in channel #nwn.

lolli_gagged

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »
Thanks and I would like to bring back my characters............ hopefully I will be able to. WHere is it that characters go to when not played in forever? I had my pc rebuilt but I did  make sure those were saved on my pc if that helps. As you can prob tell I am not that computer/tech savvy.

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »
As long as you still know your bioware password and login and you never requested your characters to be deleted, as far as I know they should still be there.

lolli_gagged

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »
I have the password and such but I cannot get on, maybe things have changed in how you get on? Am going to head over to mirc and see if anyone is around.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:09:58 pm »
Did you download all the latest hack and tlk files?

lolli_gagged

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »
Hellblazer, In the past it has let me connect then told me if i was missing anything. I downloaded the top two. Not sure why but i cannot connect, keep getting a timed out message.

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:53:26 pm »
Quote from: lolli_gagged
Hellblazer, In the past it has let me connect then told me if i was missing anything. I downloaded the top two. Not sure why but i cannot connect, keep getting a timed out message.

This could be due to your router/firewall settings that prevents the servers to connect/send the required information.

You'll have to add the ports that nwn uses into your firewall/router definitions.

Can you connect to other nwn servers?

Shiokara

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »

Don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but have you patched your client? We use Bioware's 1.69 patch, and you need to do that before downloading Layo's hax and tlk.

Also, when are you getting the error? Is it at the login screen for NWN or on the server screen?

davidhoff

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 03:39:45 am »
Great to see you coming back after all this time and would be great to see you back in game!  I wish you all the luck on logging in...I'm not that comp savy either but lots of folk here are and will help.

lolli_gagged

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:29:55 am »
I get the time out message when trying to connect at the server screen. I will try the patch and see if that is my issue. Could very well be. And not sure about firewall stuff........ will have to look and see if i can figure that out. THanks for helping and I will keep you all posted.

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 12:14:06 pm »
I get the time out message when trying to connect at the server screen. I will try the patch and see if that is my issue. Could very well be. And not sure about firewall stuff........ will have to look and see if i can figure that out. THanks for helping and I will keep you all posted.

find your router in this list and follow the instruction

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

lolli_gagged

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:01 pm »
router = moden? i have a cisco and the only number i see on it is DPC3010 and that is not on the list.

Rowana

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »
Your router and modem are separate. Could you give us a quick rundown of what you know of for your sysetm? That'll help us help you. Just confirm, your Cisco is your modem? I know you're running Win7 also. Do you have more than one computer linked up to your modem and do you know how?

Any kind of answers there will give us a hand.

Also, It's important to note that she couldn't ping the servers yesterday (though neither could I but I managed to log in, but still). Also, Lolli, if we could get you back in IRC we can help you with the .bat file we were going to try for yesterday (sorry about that).

~row

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 05:33:50 pm »
Actually, Row, I'm starting to see more and more modem-router combos, so it might all be one box for her (if in fact she has a router).

lolli_gagged

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 05:51:55 pm »
I have one computer, before i moved i had two hooked up and used both a modem and router but when i hooked up here they only used a moden. I assume because only one pc? Cisco is the modem yes. Anything else you need to know just let me know. and I plan on heading to irc shortly.

Chazzler

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 06:24:31 pm »
Cloud this be related to This and This?

Rowana

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »
She's getting through the Master Sever message but not connecting to the server after that point. She clicks the okay on the master server and it just never connects to the character select screen, hangs out doing nothing. I don't know that it might not be related, but just throwing that out for the tech savvy.

~row

Hellblazer

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:41 pm »
router = moden? i have a cisco and the only number i see on it is DPC3010 and that is not on the list.

Well that depends. My modem is also a router, that allows wi-fi (2wire g/n provided by bell)

I don't know what Cisco provides if it's a combo of router/modem.

Quote from: Rowana
She's getting through the Master Sever message but not connecting to the server after that point. She clicks the okay on the master server and it just never connects to the character select screen, hangs out doing nothing. I don't know that it might not be related, but just throwing that out for the tech savvy.

~row

That's why I told her to check for her firewall definitions. Even if she can pass the master server, which anyone will be able to even without a connection, since there is no more master server. She wouldn't be able to see what server are reporting, because the ports she needs to receive the information on are being blocked. At least that's what I think the problem is. It was the same thing that happened to me a while back when I was hosting a server. People couldn't see it, and I couldn't see those trying to connect because the ports on both sides were not properly configured.

Also yesterday I had trouble connecting to the server and that was due to dns problems. My ISP was having loads of problem that their call center was overwhelmed and many people were getting a busy signal. Might not be related, but she might want to verify with Cisco if there's any problems going on their side that might block the information she needs to receive to connect.

Through pm she also told me she tried to direct connect but it didn't work.

anything