The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Common and Unique Ships of Layonara  (Read 958 times)

Spike

Common and Unique Ships of Layonara
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:37 am »
For all those budding Admirals out there, LORE: Common and Unique Ships of Layonara is now up.

The following users thanked this post: EdTheKet, lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, Honora, Ravemore, Alatriel, willhoff, geloooo, RollinsCat

lonnarin

Re: Common and Unique Ships of Layonara
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:20:13 pm »
Kurn is certainly pleased to have this awesome list of maritime goodies!  Major kudos for the thought and time put into the descriptions!

Ravemore

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »
One comment and one question. :-)

"Since people first decided to take that tentative and frightening step to travel across the ocean, they have been fascinated by its beauty and repelled its fickleness."  

Should it read "repelled by its fickleness" ?

Also, I see there are building costs listed. Can we as players commission ships for building for RP purposes? Seems like it could be an awesome gold sink, no?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:39:00 pm »
"repelled by its fickleness"

Please post things that you find like this in the LORE bug forums, under the spelling and typos thread. :)

Can we as players commission ships for building for RP purposes? Seems like it could be an awesome gold sink, no?

Yes. And yes. Though you should consider that each ship yard is unique and often tied to a regional authority, so it's not quite as simple as throwing true on a table and saying, "I want one of those."

Ravemore

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:31 pm »
Hehehe.. I just got lazy and included it here. ;-) I'll repost that section...

In regards to #2.. that is awesome!!

Honora

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:23 am »
Nice work, Spike. Enjoyed it and was delighted to see how thorough you were in combing existing kingdom writeups!  ;)

Pibemanden

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:58 am »
One thing I am wondering now is, what kind of ships does Raven Trade have sailing to and from Stort?

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 09:03:20 am »
Quote from: Honora
Nice work, Spike. Enjoyed it and was delighted to see how thorough you were in combing existing kingdom writeups!  ;)
Credit for where credit's due: these ship write-ups were done by Dezza and Honora.

Quote from: pibemande
One thing I am wondering now is, what kind of ships does Raven Trade  have sailing to and from Stort?
As we didn't have these writeups at that time, this has not been defined.

Spike

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »
Quote from: EdTheKet
Credit for where credit's due: these ship write-ups were done by Dezza and Honora.

Very true, you all need to go show Dezza and Honora some love.

Honora

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41:05 am »
Mostly Dezza, I only did two, I believe. Dez is responsible for the lion's share and a fine job at that!

Pibemanden

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 04:56:53 am »
I would figure after having looked the ships over that the most reasonable ships would be Sea Devils . As the traders who joined the Raven Trade originally was sailing Belinara waters, however that is granted that a Sea Devil can actually sail the open sea and isn't limited to sailing near the coast.

anything