The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: crashing  (Read 372 times)

kuchida

• View Profile
    crashing
    « on: May 21, 2007, 12:50:10 am »
    When I try to get in it's asking for the password twice (once when i choose west and again when the character screen comes up)

the second time whether i enter the password or not, or hit okay or cancel, the game crashes completely..  i tried from the regular list and direct connecting too...

so um.. that's the end of what i know to try.. has anyone else had a problem like this or any ideas? i don't have the disks to reinstall the game so i hope i don't have to do that..  i don't want to waste any gm's time or anything but if there is a simple answer or this is a regular problem i thought i should ask..

Tialle Dianesis

• View Profile
      Re: crashing
      « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:45:18 am »
      The same thing happened to me the first time I logged on today, but I hit cancel on the second window requesting the password and I was able to choose my character and log in without issues.

kuchida

• View Profile
        « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:47:01 pm »
        I wasn't able to clear this up, it still crashes when I load Gudelsky.. I'm taking this as a sign I should take a break for a while but I thought I should report it in case someone else has a similar problem.

Makashi

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:12 pm »
        Does it actually crash during the loading, or on the character screen?

I sometimes get it crashing on the character screen after switching servers, or getting too eager to double click, which causes the password box to spring up again, occasionally crashing me.

If it is crashing during the loading screen, it's most like to be a slight bug which can again happen from time to time, sometimes it goes away after logging onto a different server, sometimes the server needs a reboot, or a GM can try porting you to a slightly different location, which has been known to fix this issue in most cases I'm aware of.

kuchida

• View Profile
          « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:00:03 pm »
          Hi.. Yeah I had those things happen before, and usually if I just hit cancel when the password window came up again it would load normally, but now it seems to get stuck.  Specifically, the password window returns on the character screen, and no matter what I do from there it crashes..   I was able to log in from a different account so I'm thinking it may have to do with the character.. Maybe..

Tanman

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 03:28:20 am »
          I thought that I will chime in here and say that I was present when I saw Kuchida log into Layonara server west. What happened is that the server showed her logging in and then after a while it said that Gudelsky had left. Is it possible that the file on the server is corrupted, seeing that she is able to log into as Gudelsky.

I was going to suggest if under DM supervision she create another test character under the Gudelsky account and see if that works. If it does it would most likely be the character file if it doesn't then the actual account is problematic.

kuchida

• View Profile
            « Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 05:27:38 am »
            .. Still having no luck..  I could log in with a different account, but not Gudelsky..  I think the account is cursed

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 05:58:52 am »
            What you do to work around this is simple... it's gotta be some stupid mistake in the code heh.

Anyway, rather than double clicking on the server name in the server list (or history/favourites) click on it once and then click the "Connect" button.

If you do that, it will only prompt you for a password once and won't crash.

---

This started happening to me a month or two ago and I figured out how to get around it. No idea what caused it though.

kuchida

• View Profile
              « Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »
              Well.. I don't think that's the problem.. I actually think I tried it before anyway, I know I've tried direct connecting a couple of times

Filatus

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:26 pm »
              It might be an issue with one of the new area's.

Could it be that the last location of Gudelsky was the moors?

In that case, log onto irc and find a GM, he/she should be able to jump you to a safe area in time.

kuchida

• View Profile
                « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:42 pm »
                Can that be done without me logging in? Because I can't even get to the "loading" part with her

..Or, I do seem to be able to log in to Central, can someone catch me and keep me there before I'm booted?

(and I can't even remember now where the last area was.. i think it may have actually been either krandor or the hempstead fields)

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 04:59:24 pm »
                You should be logging into West, not Central. Logging onto central and having a GM try and grab you will not help in this case.

The last location for your character was in Krandor.

I have reset your start location info in the database.  Assuming there's been a server reset since your last attempt, you should end back up in the Eye of the Storm.  

Give it another try please.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 05:54:35 am »
                oh, turn off shiny water in your advanced video options.

kuchida

• View Profile
                  « Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 02:08:58 pm »
                  Shiny water has been off, as well as most eye candy (unfortunately)

Whatever Dorganath did plus possibly the server reset did it.. Thank you

anything