The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Currently playable PC races  (Read 438 times)

55060hacker

Currently playable PC races
« on: September 03, 2013, 07:47:23 pm »
Which races are currently playable and open to submission?I know Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes are ok.After 1421, no Half-Breeds were born, so Half-Orc, Half-Giant, Aasimar and Tiefling are out.I understand that some of the different subraces of Elf (Dark, Gray, Moon, Sea, Sun, Wild, Wood) are in and out of submissability, depending on Exotic Races being submitable ATM.The same is true of the subraces of Dwarf (Gold, Deep, Shield)
Halflings and Gnome, the same. How does this affect the submissability of Ogres,Orcs, Wemics, Goblins, etc.  They are not half-breeds, but not truly a subrace except under NWN?

Rowana

I believe this is the thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:17 pm »

I believe this is the thread you are looking for: http://layonara.com/threads/1284857-exotic-race-submissions-re-opened

In addition to what is posted there, as you noted celestial/demonic blended characters are no longer allowed. In addition to these two, if they are not listed in that thread as disallowed or restricted, you're welcome to write an application using the subrace in question. Just remember that the more steep the lore involved the more thorough the application process. I'm not trying to dissuade you, just making sure you're prepared.

~row

55060hacker

Ok, that's major part of it. 
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:41 pm »

Ok, that's major part of it.  Some aspects of LORE regarding allowed races are missing.  ESA's, Level Adjusters, general information on the subrace. for example, Goblin (http://layonara.com/lore/goblin) is just a placeholder... there is no information.

Rowana

Actually I believe all the
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:58 pm »

Actually I believe all the races have full pages but not all of them are fully connceted. This is some of the back tracking we have to do to fix what was eliminated and will take some time. I do not have an ETA for when the lore pages will be caught back up to where we had them.

~row