The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Does NWN version matter?  (Read 502 times)

Tildarus

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Does NWN version matter?
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:23:23 am »
I have been hunting through the forums and I apologize if this is a repost but I have had a hard time finding an answer in the vast log of threads here. I was wondering what version(s) of NWN are supported with Layonara? I have lost my CDs and am looking at purchasing NWN 2 online but I don't want to spend 30 dollars downloading the client to find it is not compatible with your hak. Again I am sorry if this is a repost but I am looking to get up and going soon and want to be prepared upon character approval. Thanks for everything and I look forward to seeing you all in game soon.

Michael Goldmeadow.

s0ulz

Re: Does NWN version matter?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 02:28:09 am »
Layonara is based on the NWN original (1) game, so I'm afraid purchasing NWN 2 will not get you any closer to playing here.

NWN with expansions is rather well priced these days, so if you can find one, I recommend it just for Layonara's sake. You won't regret it ;)

Tildarus

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:32:52 am »
Thank you so much for your timely and helpful response. I will make arrangements to find the game, as I am very optimistic about Layonara based on the time I have invested in reading the forums, the incredibly helpful and polite GMs/Moderators and the energy of the gaming community here. Thanks again and hope to see you all soon in game.         :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:32:54 am »
I hear tell that the NWN Diamond Edition isn't sold anymore, but I'd search for that.  It has the Expansion Packs in it (included).  Try Amazon.com, eBay, GameStop...

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 04:16:15 pm »
Don't forget that BioWare should have your game keys linked to your user account: Neverwinter Nights: Welcome to BioWare's Neverwinter Nights (NWN) Community Site!
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Tildarus

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:54 pm »
Okay, I have installed NWN (1 Gold Edition), downloaded the All in One Hak and Layonara_v2.61 tlk file and installed the optional, music, portraits and heads and I have the 1.69 update installed. I keep getting [Server Found     Connection Error: Required Expansion Pack Missing ]

Any ideas please?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:53 pm »
Do you have the "Hordes of the Underdark" and "Shadows of Undrentide" Expansion packs?  :(  Those are also required, and are the Missing Expansion Packs you need.  The NWN Diamond Edition contains those along with NWN itself.

minerva

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 09:36:24 pm »
Gold contains NWN + Shadows of Undrentide but not Hordes of the Underdark.   The Diamond or Platinium editions have these all as one group or you could try and find it solo to add to what you have.

Tildarus

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 09:36:35 pm »
Sigh... I have Shadows of Undrentide but not Hordes of the Underdark... I guess I work on that now. Thanks so much for the help.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 09:38:09 pm »
Here's a link to Amazon.com that sells The Hordes disc for "cheap"

Amazon.com: Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark Expansion Pack: Video Games

EdTheKet

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 02:58:55 am »
And if you buy through Amazon, please use the link "Shop Amazon" on the top right hand corner in the orange font.

Then Amazon gives Leanthar a few cents of the transaction, as all bits help in keeping the server running.

Thank you.

Lily

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 05:14:32 am »
What Ed said, or just use this link... http://forums.layonara.com/index.php?page=shopping

anything