The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: druids and mass heal  (Read 385 times)

willhoff

druids and mass heal
« on: November 12, 2010, 03:30:20 am »
Hi,

I just noticed that my druid, Zigruum, doesn't have mass heal as one of his nineth level spells.  Its listed as a nineth level druid spell in NWN wiki under druid spells.  

I'm guessing this was an intentional balancing edit by Layonara to take it out of the druids spells?

Thanks for any insight on this!

Willhoff

Dorganath

Re: druids and mass heal
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:29 am »
Mass Heal is not available to Druids.  

LORE usually has the most correct information about such things as they pertain to Layonara, since, as you know, we've changed a few things from the stock NWN.

willhoff

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:40:22 am »
Thanks Dorg.  I didnt think you guys would have left it out by mistake.;)

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 03:51:42 pm »
Aren't you glad you have a cleric already in the party? Oh, did I mention one of her domain is Healing too? ;)

willhoff

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24:36 pm »
And she's very good at it I might add :rolleyes:

drakogear

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:34:43 pm »
Hm, not meaning to start an argument over this or anything but... in a way I'd think it makes more sense for a druid to mass heal rather than a cleric especially given all the deity tension in layo. A cleric using mass heal might end up healing those that worship the hated enemies of there deity.

A druid on the other hand is rather neutral to every one, kinda like Aragin.They are not much friends nor enemies to anyone so a druid would likely mass heal everyone equally... also wouldn't a druid also use such a spell to say... restore a large field of dead or dieing plants thus re-cultivating a forest?

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »
Actually no, it doesn't work that way,

Area spells ( blessings ) doesn't affect those who are unfriendly or enemies to the caster deity, it is as if the unfriendly/ enemy was not there in first place. As an example a Toranite surrounded by a corathite , an ilsarean and a Berylite, casting Mass heal, he only would benefit on the spell even if they all are on the area.

Also there are some druids that have their deity field filled as well, devoting their druid point of view to comune with the views of the deity ( not to mention that a druid might not be "neutral" towards everyone,. Face a druid with this argument after raising an army of undeads and you'll find fast at the tip of severe call lightnings to say the least )