The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: dying and the dying  (Read 116 times)

Falonthas

dying and the dying
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:32:34 pm »
when you die and then die again
is it the second death or third that rips xp away

cause i screenied it and it was very wierd making a soul mother save and then still being attacked then stopping bleeding then die again with no soul mother save and then losing xp

cant get the screenie small enough to upload
any suggestions?

osxmallard

Re: dying and the dying
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »
The answer to your question is... both.

It's the amount of XP loss which varies:

Death While Recovery:

...still satiated from the recent devouring of the elf's soul, the Soul Mother relished a second helping and consumed Arendir's foundation once more...

- If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you respawn you will lose 5% of the XP it takes to level up at your level.

- If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you have Raise Dead cast upon you, you will lose 3% of the XP it takes to level up at your level.

- If you have not recovered from your last death before you die again and you have Resurrection cast upon you, you will lose 1% of the XP it takes to level up at your level.

Three Deaths:

...the continued and repeating anguish of death over such a short span of time caused Sordarir to lose a part of his being...

- If you die 3 times in Your PC Level * 15 minutes, you will force respawn and lose 10% of the XP needed to level.
For example if a level 12 dies 3 times in 180 (12 times 15) minutes, he will lose 32,000xp (10% of 320,000) and forcibly respawn.

- If you are forced to respawn, your window is reset.
- Levelling does not reset the window, nor does it reset the number of deaths.

Falonthas

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:36:39 pm »
here is the screenie i cheated and used the gallery uplink for size

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4613

Falonthas

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 03:37:17 pm »
and if its supposed to be both i think spider owes some xp then cause it only ripped it once on the third stated death

osxmallard

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 03:38:11 pm »
You only lose XP on the 2nd death if you have not recovered from your 1st death and are still reflecting it off...

Falonthas

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 03:45:19 pm »
ok so was it just a wierd thing seen in the screenie that i only lost it on the third one? with no save?

anything