The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Evil Blight  (Read 594 times)

geloooo

Evil Blight
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:50:18 pm »
I've always wondered if it was open to the arcane spellweaver classes. On the LORE page it says that it's a 6th circle Wizard/Sorcerer spell yet I've never seen it before. I only managed to use it through a drop item. Just curious :P

The following users thanked this post: Ravemore

lonnarin

Re: Evil Blight
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:09:42 pm »
That sounds like one of the monster supernatural abilities.  Many of them function like spells, have names like them, but only appear on NPC/Monster templates when editing them in the toolset.  For example, the circle of fear around a mummy or a dragon operates somewhat differently when activated than regular spells.  They can't be interrupted by attacks, don't have complex casting GFX and typically are quick to use.  Basilisk gaze, bodak stare, manticore spines, etc... many of those are done via these specific supernatural abilities.  They can be assigned to items however, hence your drop item and others like the bracers of the manticore, or the enchanted dragon stones that cast dragon breath when used.

The supernatural abilities granted by subrace skins like Deep Dwarf invisibility, Brownie Confusion and Tiefling/Dark Elf Darkness work on the same supernatural ability method I believe.  Notice that they "point" and cast these very quickly without chance of concentration or armor failure, as opposed to a bard, sorcerer or wizard physically waving their arms and casting the spells out.  Supernatural abilities created by a subrace or monster are reflexive and natural rather than learned, and their power is typically linked to their total character/CR level rather than bonafide caster levels.

geloooo

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:21:41 am »
Awww man, the skill was pretty nifty too! It can curse a whole group of people. :(

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:28:00 am »
then stock up on the items, lad!

Or better yet, do a WLCDQ to make the spell available in game!

PoorMatchstick

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:42:07 am »
    According to NWN Wiki it's a spell that was removed from the game:

Evil blight - NWNWiki, the Neverwinter Nights Wiki - your guide to the game of NWN

I guess it can be added to items, and supposedly it can be enabled to be castable as well.

geloooo

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:40 am »
    Sad how it wasn't added, it would have been pretty nifty. Although I doubt I would have been able to use it here though. On this other server, my Drow enjoys placing curses on those lower in rank, he also likes to enervate them or energy drain them. Oh well, thank you for your inputs! :)

anything