The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Flag For Lor  (Read 656 times)

Script Wrecked

Flag For Lor
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:35 am »
Is there an in-game flag (like a deity flag) for Lor?

Conversely, is there a flag for Prantz?

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Dorganath

Re: Flag For Lor
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »
No flag for Lor, only one for Dregar.

There was also a plot finale quest reward for the defenders of Prantz (then Pranzis), and there's Pranzis Army Corps flag, though that's not something which exists anymore.

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:11:19 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath

There was also a plot finale quest reward for the defenders of Prantz (then Pranzis), and there's Pranzis Army Corps flag, though that's not something which exists anymore.

Oooh, though it might be a popular symbol for those opposed to Rael's Rule.  Do you have any pics of this flag and do they have a weildable format in game?  A certain dwarf I know would love hoisting that one on his ship!

Script Wrecked

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:05:35 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath

Can there be one? :)

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:42 am »
Quote from: lonnarin
Oooh, though it might be a popular symbol for those opposed to Rael's Rule.  Do you have any pics of this flag and do they have a weildable format in game?

[LORE]Prantz Army Officer's Corps[/LORE].

stragen

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:10 am »
Jin carries a defender of Pranzis flag and has told the story to a fair few people over the years.

stragen

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 04:29:59 am »
In fact both Jin Lun Lee and Xandrian were officers in the Pranzis army corps at the time of the fall.

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 04:56:36 am »
Quote from: Script Wrecked
Can there be one? :)
Sure there can be, but then I'll ask Honora to come up with it as she wrote the Lor text. I imagine it would have twin horsemen on it, for obvious reasons.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 07:16:18 am »
Thanks!

I was pretty sure you didn't want seagulls on it. ;)

Black Cat

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:00 am »
The Pranzis Army Corps was more or less destroyed when the city was invaded by Rael, Xandrian took part of the city's defense as a member of the corp (as a cadet). He was one of only 3 characters who where accepted into it.
 The only items related to the corps I ever saw was the bracers he received as part of his joining the corps, never saw the flag.

But many characters who are still around got one of the prantz defense flag.

akata

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 01:15:45 pm »
Quote from: Script Wrecked
Thanks!

I was pretty sure you didn't want seagulls on it. ;)

*nods in agreement*

EdTheKet

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 02:46:38 pm »
Here we go.

Shield divided into four quarters:

I - upper left - blue background with the silhouette of a man on a walking horse, horse's head facing the edge of the shield ;

II - upper right - a silver background with the silhouette of a ship;

III - lower left - a silver background with the silhouette of a ship;

IV - lower right, blue background with the silhouette of a woman on a walking horse, horse's head facing the center of the shield.

When, or rather if, this will be represented in game in NWN Layonara is unknown at this time. Our art department is extremely busy on the MMO.

Gulnyr

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 08:23:14 pm »
Similar to this?

HooD!uM

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:28 pm »
bottom one need to be female tho..but that looks good :P

Gulnyr

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 08:49:30 pm »
How can you tell the difference at that scale?

Honora

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 08:59:17 pm »
For the heraldry geeks:

Quartered, I azure, horse with rider sable; II and III argent, a ship sable; IV azure, a horse and rider sable.

Gulnyr that's close; this is what I had in mind but my clipart's inferior to yours :)

Gulnyr

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »
Nah.  Clipart's clipart.  

I made the rider silhouettes silver because 1) the black didn't look right against the blue I used, and 2) traditionally, colors shouldn't touch and metals shouldn't touch, so a sable silhouette shouldn't be on an azure field.  In that order (if it looks good, screw tradition).

Also, in-game flags are rectangular* but have 128 by 128 pixel textures (which my image is definitely not).  The charges look nice with their detail on the shield, but might look messy on a flag in-game since the image needs to be squished and then stretched to keep it in proper proportions, and that does weird things to pixels sometimes.  In other words, I wasn't trying to get too fancy, heh.  A simpler look might make a better flag for NWN.

*At least sometimes.  They move kinda weird, hehe.

Hellblazer

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:27 am »
I like the silver silhouettes. Both looks good though.

anything