The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: GMT gm's  (Read 469 times)

mumbles

GMT gm's
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:17 am »
Just out of curiosity are there actually any GMT gm's active. ive been keeping an eye out for events quests to participate in , but they dont seem to come up .

And if not are you looking for new gm's?

thanks mumbles

Alatriel

Re: GMT gm's
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:49:20 am »
We don't currently have any GMs that actually live in the GMT timezone, but we do have a few that can schedule in GMT friendly timezones (myself included normally).  It's sort of a busy time of the year right now, though, unfortunately.

Aphel

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:13 am »
Currently there are no GMs residing within the GMT timezone (from what I know). Since I am here, I've attended to quests that have been put into timeslots I can attend or were put there by kind GMs taking into account the GMT crowd. Not that it's a crowd. There are other timezones with similar problems.

The GMT players tried to find time for regular trips and such, but nothing came from it. I'd try it again, but even then, itd be just your regular CNR/Monter bashing trip, since without GM support, you can't do overly much. And that's why there's the forums, the PM and the IRC. And CDTs and CDQs.

Quote from: Alatriel
We don't currently have any GMs that actually  live in the GMT timezone, but we do have a few that can schedule in GMT  friendly timezones (myself included normally).  It's sort of a busy time  of the year right now, though, unfortunately.

Well, it's always a busy time. Scheduling events/quests is like herding cats, in that aspect. Let's see what the new year will bring.

Rowana

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:06 pm »
I was hoping we wouldn't have to do this, but we have put up a disclaimer about November, December and January in the past. They are statistically lower in quest times because all of the GMs have RL responsibilities ranging from Work to Family Obligations around that time of the year. Usually things pick back up in Feb to a more normal rate of quest times. This isn't a case of the 'usual busies,' this is a case of a whole ton of extra busies that typically get in the way of our volunteer time.

~row

mumbles

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 01:30:57 pm »
I totally understand about Real life and christmas coming up , it was more curiosity where i have been away for quiet some time . Going back a few years i can remember 2 or 3 gms that were in my time zone and i wondered if this was still the case now .

Xaltotun

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »
Several good points here and it is food for thought. Is there any chance of opening up a few slots for GMT-based people to ask to become GMs?

Rowana

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »
There are no plans to open up applications for any GMs at this time. Just as it is difficult during this time of year to quest and perform other GM duties, it would also be difficult to train, run the application process etc. The earliest such a process could happen would be January and likely we wouldn't see GM announcements until March, allowing for all of our current GMs to get chance to have full contribution to the GM-potential application process.

The interest from the community is noted (here and in other threads) but we will not be at the capacity we need to be to give any new GM(s) the best and timeliest start they deserve.

~row

anything