The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Half-Dark Elf and Rules  (Read 145 times)

Lyron

Half-Dark Elf and Rules
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:24 pm »
I asked this question in my original submission, but I didn't get a definitive answer.

My character is a half-elf... with his elven half being Dark Elf.

As far as rules go for cities like Port Hempstead, do I fall under the Dark Elf category or the Half-elf one?

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Half-Dark Elf and Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
If his skin is obsidian, the Dark Elf.

If not, I'm not sure. Depends on the guards. And the populace.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:48 pm »
He's considered a half-elf, but may face discrimination and/or public ridicule for the color of his skin.  

So in other words, he probably wouldn't be kicked out by the authorities, but he'd probably not be embraced either, unless someone well-known or influential vouches for him...and then maybe.  

There is one other half dark elf character, but she's the daughter of a well-known character.

minerva

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:20:03 pm »
If you built your character with jet black skin and white hair and for intents and purposes looking like a dark elf then half or not your going to be painted with the same brush as them.  
 However  if your character background has only minor physical similarities and the goes to great lengths to conceal them, to the casual observer or even not so casual they would be an odd looking half elf at most.  Then there is the room inbetween these two.

I've not seen the visual representation you have made of your character in game but from your submission it was sufficiently dark elf looking enough to cause him to be drummed out of town as a 2year old.

I play a half dark elf who takes care not to bring that part of her heritage in focus and only retains an old skin and eye color as result of her mixed birth.
 It would be totally in character for a zealous guard in Spellgard to give her a hard time or be insulting or a dark elf hating PC or NPC to do similar.

anything