The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Half Elf (or Half Anythings) Submissions  (Read 696 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Half Elf (or Half Anythings) Submissions
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »
What is the rule now with Half-Breeds?  Are they allowed still?  Do they just need to be older than a certain year?  Or have they been cut off completely.

And yes, I know Half-Lings are still okay to submit young.  It was the least Aeridin could allow after he lost all the LingLings.

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Half Elf (or Half Anythings) Submissions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:33:19 pm »
You can still submit the half races at this point, but yes, they have to be of a certain age. That said, some monstrous submissions, such as Tieflings, are in fact closed to submission. The character submission forum should have all the current submittable races listed.

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »
The only way I could contemplate a half-orc or half-giant/ogre at this point would be if one was petrified by an evil wizard to serve as a library statue for this many decades or frozen in an avalanche to be thawed out Captain America style.  How many decades has it been this far?  40-50 years?  But then you'd be property of Stygian.  He's a harsh taskmaster.

Tieflings and Aasimar are at least partially planar, so might very well age like elves or dwarves or at least halflings, so they could still be alive and spry enough to take up adventuring.  Though I'm betting they're on the chopping block since the fiends and celestials have been revamped for the setting... no more baatezu or tanari.  Of course adventurers have iffy lifespans.  Moraken's human, after all, and he was doing things long before many elder elves were born.  ;)

It would be interesting however to say no more half-orcs and get patted down by one in front of Vehl, or fight them in the thousands upon thousands of bandit spawns, so it might be less of a headache just to let half orcs breed with themselves and procreate that way.  Otherwise, people wanting to play them will keep asking "If they were so rare, how come I kill 500 a day?"  

The half elf npcs at least look either human or elf, so it's not as much an inconsistency, and they have decent enough lifespans to still be around.  I think they and all the other half-breeds are sterile however, so their days may be numbered.  I seem to remember a pink haired grub eating girl who couldn't breed a few years back.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:11:24 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
The only way I could contemplate a half-orc or half-giant/ogre at this point would be if one was petrified by an evil wizard to serve as a library statue for this many decades or frozen in an avalanche to be thawed out Captain America style.  How many decades has it been this far?  40-50 years?  But then you'd be property of Stygian.  He's a harsh taskmaster.

The problem with these races now is that they probably have the shortest lifespan of any of the races in-game, so they're either nearing or at the point where they're about at the end of their lives if they were born before 1420.

Tieflings and Aasimar are at least partially planar, so might very well age like elves or dwarves or at least halflings, so they could still be alive and spry enough to take up adventuring.  Though I'm betting they're on the chopping block since the fiends and celestials have been revamped for the setting... no more baatezu or tanari.  Of course adventurers have iffy lifespans.  Moraken's human, after all, and he was doing things long before many elder elves were born.  ;)

They age like humans, and yes, they're on the chopping block for the revamping thing but also for the same reasons as the rest of the subraces.

It would be interesting however to say no more half-orcs and get patted down by one in front of Vehl, or fight them in the thousands upon thousands of bandit spawns, so it might be less of a headache just to let half orcs breed with themselves and procreate that way.  Otherwise, people wanting to play them will keep asking "If they were so rare, how come I kill 500 a day?"  

As I said, they're about at the point  where they're at the ends of their respective lifespans....Of course, any half-orcs already in existence are somewhat exempt from that. It only applies to new characters.

The half elf npcs at least look either human or elf, so it's not as much an inconsistency, and they have decent enough lifespans to still be around.  I think they and all the other half-breeds are sterile however, so their days may be numbered.  I seem to remember a pink haired grub eating girl who couldn't breed a few years back.

Correct.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 04:35:13 am »
And halflings are not a half-breed race of course.