The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: How to start??  (Read 519 times)

cweir1969

• View Profile
    How to start??
    « on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:17 pm »
    I'm new and this might be a stupid question but I have signed up, downloaded the required files, and sumitted a character.  My character has been accepted.  How do I play?  I have NWN but can't figure how to log on to the server.  Am I suppose to configure NWN?  Please help!!

hawklen

Re: How to start??
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 05:36:43 pm »
    Quote from: cweir1969
    I'm new and this might be a stupid question but I have signed up, downloaded the required files, and sumitted a character.  My character has been accepted.  How do I play?  I have NWN but can't figure how to log on to the server.  Am I suppose to configure NWN?  Please help!!

When you join Internet game, you can go to the direct connect and type in 'west.layonara.com' and then the password

I can't remember, but wasnt there a layo loader program? *to those that read this*

EDIT: You sure your character was approved?

cweir1969

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:45:22 pm »
      Ok, I figured out where to go but I'm getting an error about Client version not the same as server version.  Anyone know what that is about?

Thanks,

CWeir1969

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:56:10 pm »
      You have to patch your copy, likely.  Have you run the NWNUpdater?

Tanman

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 08:57:50 pm »
      Have you downloaded the latest patch 1.68 or was it 1.69?

Skywatcher

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:12:18 pm »
      I had to run the updater and then it told me that there was a missing file and it told me to go to a website to get a critical rebuild patch.  I've seen that a few times with new copies of the diamond edition.

cweir1969

• View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 04:42:20 pm »
        Thanks for all your help.  I'm now getting a message that I don't have the right expansion pack.  Which expansion pack do I need?

darkstorme

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46:59 pm »
        Do you have Hordes of the Underdark and Shadows of Uderentide?

Skywatcher

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »
        Yeah.  *looks up*  You need both expansions to play Layonara.

diechotomy1

• Followers of Toran
          • View Profile
        « Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 05:57:52 pm »
        Yeah if you go to the bioware site it will have the rebuild for expansion 1.68, because i had the problem of it was patching but there would be an error. In this error it tells you the website to visit to get the Rebuild.  Also as far as the expansions go , I went to Best Buy and bought neverWinter Nights Diamond Edition, it contained the original Neverwinter nights, and the two expansions that you need. I picked it up for $19.99, might be cheaper than buying it all together and easier to find.

Also man I went on Ebay and found you a copy of neverwinter nights Diamond pretty cheap like $12.00, thats including shipping.

eBay: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition (PC Games) (item 230108798733 end time Mar-30-07 19:30:24 PDT)

also here is the website fo the critical rebuild i had to use.
        Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark (English) Patch - Windows

anything