The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hurm's Plague  (Read 183 times)

LordCove

Hurm's Plague
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:46:09 am »
This is mainly for Row...but of course, if anyone else knows the answer...please do:

Just after some clarification on the Hurm Plague events to find out what my character would or would not know IG.

The Hurm plague was caused by some Dragoncalled wandering into the Moss Crypt's and basically ticking off the Dragon, which caused it to release the Plague on Hurm?
Is that correct?

And just how well-known is this fact?

Would someone who did a little research into the Plague events find out this was the cause?

And would they also be able to find out the names of the Dragoncalled who did it if they searched?

I'm basically just looking to find out if, over time, my character would have been able to discover vai word of mouth or tales, what caused the Hurm Plague and who was responsible.

Thanks

LC

merlin34baseball

Re: Hurm's Plague
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:17:23 pm »
There were lots of characters who got the plague through contact with characters who went into the crypts or from some one who had contact with them.  So...  There are characters who can answer questions even though they were not directly responsible.

Example:  My character knows who kissed who, and then who she had contact with and there by infected her...

So through this type of stuff I think it can be traced back in game.

Hope that makes sense.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:53:57 pm »
Quote from: LordCove
This is mainly for Row...but of course, if anyone else knows the answer...please do:

Just after some clarification on the Hurm Plague events to find out what my character would or would not know IG.

The Hurm plague was caused by some Dragoncalled wandering into the Moss Crypt's and basically ticking off the Dragon, which caused it to release the Plague on Hurm?
Is that correct?
That is correct.

And just how well-known is this fact?
Pretty well known. The Dragoncalled had announced their trip by posting it in some inns. When the dragons (three black dragons) infected Hurm, they told the assembled populace why they were doing it and told them to tell the Dragoncalled to stay away from the lair.

Would someone who did a little research into the Plague events find out this was the cause?
They would.

And would they also be able to find out the names of the Dragoncalled who did it if they searched?
Yes.

I'm basically just looking to find out if, over time, my character would have been able to discover vai word of mouth or tales, what caused the Hurm Plague and who was responsible.

Thanks

LC

For this event, that would most certainly be possible.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:10:21 pm »
Sadly I searched over my notes and back issues of The Dragon's Whisper and didn't find the names of the adventurers.  Your question, LordCove, is the exact reason I try to gather tales.  A player organized event gone awry is at the top of my list of things worth writing down.  :-)

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:43 pm »
Thanks folks!

jan

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:50:35 pm »
Seek out Barion , he can give some names of the ones that went to the crypts.

Pack it in rp and your on your way :)

DMOE

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:55 pm »
Try searching the forums....There were numerous posts in the gossip forums and various tavern forums about it