The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about weight allowance and strength  (Read 312 times)

cbnicholson

Question about weight allowance and strength
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:10:48 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but Benjamin seems to have an upper weight limit of 613 lbs..regardless of gear / Jewelry used and or spells.  Specifically, when I max out his str jewelry and str gear his weight allowance is 613 and then cast bulls on him several times, there's no adjustment to this allowed weight - Even though his strength goes up by more than 2 pts from 25 to 28, 29 *I assumed his str went up, confirmed otherwise*.    Is there a static place in weight allowance at that  range or is something wrong? I don't know. :\\  Thanks for any input.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Question about weight allowance and strength
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:05:54 pm »
There's not a static limit as far as I know. Try carrying more weight than 613 lbs and see if you become encumbered when you have strength maxed out.

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:38:42 pm »
Worth a shot, Thanks Milty, I'll experiment a bit. *goes off to play with ore and ingots for a while*

Oscar Wilde

Nehetsrev

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:56:19 pm »
*looks around shiftilly and then whispers to Ben*

"Hey Old-timer, I don't know what you might be doin' wrong, but with my gear on I can carry over a ton without bein' slowed down...  Of course, I am a rather strappin' young man in comparrison."

cbnicholson

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:31 pm »
Okay..I'm reasonably sure Ben's bugged somehow.  I got his carrying weight to 617 lbs..and then went two ways.  First I equipped all his str gear to get his str to 26..weight allowance: 613.  Then I cast Bulls STr on him..nada..zip..not a point of increase in str or loss of encumbrance.  So I tried the other way after a rest.  I took a str ring off, STR:23 Cast Bulls STR..goes to 26 STR..Put the ring back on..STR stays at 26..:\\  What's going on?  I should mention his base str is 14 without any gear or buffs.

Oscar Wilde

Pibemanden

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 05:14:12 pm »
Could it be because Ben has a base 14 str? Because then he is hitting the +12 to a given attribute max which is hardcoded into nwn

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 05:18:25 pm »
aha!  I thought that might be the case, thank you Pibemanden.

Oscar Wilde

Masterjack

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:38:34 pm »
For future reference here is an encumbrance list you can refer to. It shows how much you can carry based on your strength. Remember you can only magically increase a stat by 12 points.

Encumbered - NWNWiki, the Neverwinter Nights Wiki - your guide to the game of NWN

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:39:42 pm »
Ah, you were at cap. I almost asked about that to start, but since you suggested in your first post that you got up to a 28 or 29 str, I assumed his base strength was higher.