The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pickpocketing  (Read 265 times)

Kaail

Pickpocketing
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:37:09 am »
I know you are not allowed to pickpocket due to mechanical reason. But could you RP it? Using a dex and spot check? because then it rules out the mechanical bug thing.

Carillon

Re: Pickpocketing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:24:33 am »
As long as you arrange things first with the other player in an OOC fashion, there's no reason why you can't RP pickpocketing. However, to show the other person courtesy you two should agree in advance on what the roll and counter roll should be, and what if any item could be lifted. This should not, however, be used as an excuse to mule or transfer rare or valuable items, and a good dose of common sense and maturity is needed.

If both players have the maturity to handle the situation and can arrange the mechanics or RP themselves, or there is a GM to moderate it, yes, you can pickpocket other PCs. Similarly, you could use this on a quest with the GM's permission, or they may ask for the roll.

Hope this answers your question.

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:40:11 am »
And of course, there is no harm done if you pickpocket a monster, I know a certain brownie used to do this a while back, went into a lair of ogres in hiding and then came out with their loot, without killing anyone :)

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:16:57 am »
Alatriel pickpockets all the time, but I always ask player permission first.  Pick pocket check vs Spot check.  And as Carillon said, always asking what is okay to pick pocket.  Alatriel's pickpocketing is mostly a matter of pride but she loves to take Ben Poetr's knife (rp only) and show it off to him, sometimes with new fancy lettering on it *winks at cbnicholson*

Kaail

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:43 am »
thanks all, very helpful

anything