The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lag death party, and I'm invited!  (Read 970 times)

Brutus_Clawfoot

Lag death party, and I'm invited!
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:38:30 am »
Ouch! So thats what lag death feels like. I just lost 20,000 xps and got a soul stone, (yikes!) to being killed by a creature who wasn't even in the same hall as me and I didn't even get a grave to pray over. Oh my! I think the site needs a reset or something. It has been kinda glitchy those last few days there. I'd like to make a gracefull plea for my soul stone and exp's but I'm Too dimm to know how to proove it or anything. I dont know how to do thoses still shots that you guys do, plus its too late anyway. But a reset will help!Good luck with all that! On a different note, I'd like to say again, I'm absolutly loving it here!

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Ravemore

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

Hi Brutus. Hopefully this answers your questions. The link for the process and appropriate forum is Here:

As a GM I can testify that I have experienced significant lag spikes prior to the recent server reset both with my GM avatar and my character Stygian.... but with that being said, without a copy of your log I cannot say for certain we were online at the same time.

I would highly recommend installing the gnomish log rotator or the shell program Dorg has posted info on. This will save you huge headache when things like this occur... and will help you with CDT work after quests. You can search the forum for info on this.

From that thread:

Soul Strand and XP Loss–
Effective immediately, there are only three scenarios for Soul Strand and XP reimbursement:

GM Error: In the case that a GM makes an error, whether on a quest, impromptu event or simply a random mis-click, which causes a character to die and lose a Soul Strand or XP, this loss will be refunded with the approval of the GM in question.
Module/Spawn bugs: As has been the case for many years, Soul Strand or XP losses due to bugs in the module, inappropriately designed or placed spawns or similar mechanical errors, oversights or other errors on the fault of the development staff are reimbursable. The GM Team remains the final authority on what is and is not a bug that fits this category. Bugs related to Bioware issues and problems are not reimbursable under this category.
Disconnection, crashing and unexpected jumps: When deaths occur due to an unexpected disconnection, crash or unexpected jumps (whether short or long range), resulting in a Soul Strand or XP loss, players will be able to petition for a return of such a loss given the following limitations:

The player must solicit the testimonies of three (3) other players to support his/her claim of the loss. The players giving testimony must either have been present at the event in question and the loss, or directly witnessed it in some other way. Events that can be "witnessed" remotely include server-wide lag (player must be on the server at the time), sudden disconnections and reconnection witnessed from the server messages, etc. Events such as unexpected player jumps, unexpected familiar/summons/creature jumps, or witnessing someone go flatfooted as evidence of a sudden disconnect must be witnessed first hand. Players cannot provide testimony for other players simply based on believing in the veracity of their accounts; testimony implies directly witnessing an event that can support the claim.
The testimonies given are accepted by three (3) GMs, who need not have been present at the event. The GMs need only to accept the story as given and state their approval.
The player may not request more than three (3) such reimbursements for any given character over the lifetime of the character, starting with the release of this policy.

Brutus_Clawfoot

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »

Thanks much for the advice Rave. I'll definitely keep it in mind for the future. Yes I think that gnomish camera is definitely on my hot list of future purchases. As for the graceful plea, I think I'll save it for when I'm really in deep Doo Doo. I was soloing when it happened so I don't have anyone to confirm it for me. And the fact that I didn't have the gnomish camera at the time hurts as well. Being as this is Mangus's first Soulstone and I don't have a very strong argument, regardless of how true the incident was for me, it might be best to just take this one in the gut, and not bother you GM's with it. You guys have enough to worry about and I'm just thankful you are in there doing what you do to keep this thing rolling. Layonara is a great world, and I'm real glad to be here! 

I see Dorg hit the reset button so that should clean up the lag issue. Thanks Dorg!

Cheers!