The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Logging On - no words, blank?  (Read 621 times)

Riven

Logging On - no words, blank?
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:39:46 am »
Hello,
I just downloaded all the haks and what nots to add to the nwn game so I'll be able to play on your site when my character is approved. When I fired up nwn there were no words in the initial boxes (the ones for picking online game, restore saved game, etc.). Just blank buttons. Once I logged on to one of the nwn games I play i noticed no words in character info (didn't say what career, showed numbers for saves but not what was F, R, W, etc.). Any idea how to fix this?

Granted, i have not played nwn for 2 months, and so maybe something else whacked it out, but if any of you have had or heard of this problem and a fix, please tell me.

I took all the haks out of the software folder, one download at a time, but still have the problem....strange.

thanks,
Mark

Xirion

Re: Logging On - no words, blank?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:49:55 am »
Have you maybe changed the graphiccard-driver in this two month?

I gotta run to work, but if so you should try another driver (newer or older).
Here will be someone to help you by further question I think,

good luck
>Xirion>

Riven

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:53:33 am »
hello,
no change to the graphic driver. I am using a mac 2.33 ghz intel core 2 duo laptop, running mac os 10.4.10. no change to any hardware...
;)

Xirion

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 12:50:29 pm »
Than I would try to reinstall NWN. Safe the custom contetnt like haks before you do so and look if it works. copy the custom content bvack and hope that it will still work ;)

Sry, thats my only idea...

Riven

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 03:43:21 pm »
okay, i solved it. the download instructions said to make a folder marked "tlk" for the layonara_v19.tlk (if there isn't already a folder makred "tlk"). However, doing so caused the results I posted about on this thread. Instead, when I just put the tlk download into the general nwn folder, everything works fine.
Enjoy!

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 04:46:26 pm »
That does mean that there will be issues when you run Layonara, however, as the game will expect the tlk file.

Riven

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 03:53:43 am »
okay, solved it. I can put the layanara tlk file in a tlk folder, but leave the regular nwn tlk file out of the folder. And all works well.
thanks!
;)

anything