The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Not sure if this should be posted as a bug...  (Read 665 times)

Ravemore

Not sure if this should be posted as a bug...
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:56:10 pm »
My nephew has been playing off and on all day and just let me know he is not getting any xp for any of his kills. He has not died and none of his stats are reduced and red. He's not all ghosty looking either. Any suggestions?Character Name: KimliAccount Name: Chris Cumberland

Dorganath

Did he possibly toggle combat
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:22:53 pm »

Did he possibly toggle combat XP off at some point? Use =c toggle to see the state of the setting and =c toggle combat_xp to turn it on/off

Also, in the possibility that he's still under death effects from a previous event (the ghostly effect doesn't last very long anymore), he should try resting.

Ravemore

Thanks Dorg. I just logged in
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:38:06 am »

Thanks Dorg. I just logged in with his character. There are no death affects, and I rested several times. No stats are red. I tried the toggle thingy and it gave me an error stating "function toggle not found." If I PM'd you his login and password, would you be willing to peek at it some time?

Dorganath

No, don't do that. I wouldn't
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:03:03 am »

No, don't do that. I wouldn't be able to get diagnostic info from being logged in as him anyway.  Thanks though.  It might be more useful to try to catch him in-game as a GM sometime if it comes to that.

I have ways of getting at his character anyway, if I need it.

I'm not sure why you're getting a "function not found" message, unless I gave you the wrong command.  It's possible, as I'm going from memory. I'll confirm later.

Ravemore

Thanks Dorg... no hurry for
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:34 am »

Thanks Dorg... no hurry for right now. He's a younger fellow and a lesson in patience will be good for him. ;-)

IceDragonDuvessa

Correct me if I am wrong but
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:05 am »

Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you are putting the command in with the ~ key where it give the prompt at the upper left of the screen?  I believe the command should be typed in the talk bar like an emote would be. 

Dorganath

IceDragonDuvessa wrote:I
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:24:42 pm »

Quote from: "IceDragonDuvessa"&cid="2751563"

I believe the command should be typed in the talk bar like an emote would be. 

This is correct. It should be typed in the talk/chat bar, not the console.

Ravemore

Excellent. I was using the ~.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »

Excellent. I was using the ~. I'll try again this evening.

Ravemore

Hi Dorg. Using the chat box
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »

Hi Dorg. Using the chat box worked. =c toggle showed that his combat xp was toggled on. There must be something else going on with his toon.

Dorganath

Try toggling it off and back
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »

Try toggling it off and back on again, just for fun.

Also, before this, when was the last time the character was played?

Ravemore

Toggled on and off, rested,
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

Toggled on and off, rested, and killed a goblin with no XP gained. I think it has been 3 years or so... perhaps longer since this particular toon was used by anyone.

Dorganath

Ravemore wrote:Toggled on and
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 08:24:32 am »

Quote from: "Ravemore"&cid="2751577"

Toggled on and off, rested, and killed a goblin with no XP gained. I think it has been 3 years or so... perhaps longer since this particular toon was used by anyone.

Ahh...that could explain it. A few years back we changed the death system slightly and anyone who was within the bounds of death effects at the time of the update had an issue. It's very possible this is the case with this character.

Now, to remember how to fix it....

Dorganath

OK!Try resting with this
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 09:25:18 pm »

OK!

Try resting with this character and then seeing if he can earn XP again. I made an adjustment that should take care of it.

If not, have a GM use the DM Kill and DM Heal on the character (in that order, clearly).  That should clear it.

Ravemore

Fixed! You rock Dorg. Many
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:12 am »

Fixed! You rock Dorg. Many thanks...

Dorganath

Glad it worked! 
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 08:42:39 am »

Glad it worked!