The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NPC Quests  (Read 930 times)

LordCove

NPC Quests
« on: May 27, 2017, 09:56:48 am »
 Can GM's reset or complete the NPC quests?The NPC quests are an excellent add-on to Layonara, with one down-side.Mithril items eventually come around, and because no one is willing or able to use Mithril to complete these quests, they remain for the duration, until all available NPC quests require mithril in some form or other, and I think it's two weeks must pass-by before they are reset to something else.The NPC quests have currently been unavailable for about a week and a half, perhaps more, and there is a good chance when they reset that one of the "new" jobs they offer will again be a mithril based item, requiring another two weeks before it is reset. It would be useful if, like now, when all available jobs are mithril based and uncompletable, if a GM could reset them.

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer, Lily, davidhoff, willhoff

davidhoff

I second that motion and
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:54:16 pm »

I second that motion and submit that maybe all craftable jobs that involve mithril and emeralds should be striken from the rotation.

orth

I'll reconsider how to better
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:26:40 pm »

I'll reconsider how to better handle this but to start there was only 3 running quests, not sure why there weren't 6, possibly a result of some crashes long ago. I've since added 3 new ones as there should always be 6 running.

It's not easy to just add "don't include mithril and emerald recipes" but maybe what we'll do is cut the time of expiry to be shorter than 2 RL weeks at least.

LordCove

orth wrote:I'll reconsider
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:06:33 pm »

Quote from: "orth"&cid="2762812"

I'll reconsider how to better handle this but to start there was only 3 running quests, not sure why there weren't 6, possibly a result of some crashes long ago. I've since added 3 new ones as there should always be 6 running.

Still only showing 3 jobs at pawnbrokers, the same 3 mithril required ones. I can't ever recall there being six, but that would certainly be nice. Six jobs available and a reduced expiration time would certainly remove the need to delete all mithril and emerald from the crafting lists. ( as I can imagine would be tedious as hell! )

orth

I just checked with the
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 01:21:31 pm »

I just checked with the pawnbroker and after enough talking I got all six jobs, so not sure how you didn't, perhaps a bad run of randomization?

We'll cut the expiry down from 2 weeks to 5 days in the next update.

anything