The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ok is anyone home?  (Read 819 times)

Rainstorff

Ok is anyone home?
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »
Hi this is the third post, I don't know if I'm doing it right. I was very active in Layonara my computer crashed and I have not been able to get one but after 7 years I got one. So I have NWN again and now I have forgotten how to fund Layonara and I had to buy another game so I do not know my old cd key numbers I need someone to help me get my old character back. Please email me at my regular email I need to say inform the person of other aspects I do not wish to put on the forums. Thank you
 I am waiting for your response.

Acacea

Hey, welcome back. This isn't
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »

Hey, welcome back. This isn't an official answer. 

No one can help you with your old CD Keys or Bioware password, but on the bright side, you shouldn't need either of them! What you do need is:

a) Bioware user name that went with the character you are trying to get back, or to create a new character. The latter might be easiest all around, honestly, for trying to get used to things again. A huge amount of time has passed IG too, so it's kinda awkward playing a human who was around since Blood, as they'll be centuries old by the default timeline. Nobody's gonna stop you, though (and you wouldn't be alone)! If you don't remember the username at all, Dorg would be the one to answer what the possibilities are if any and what information would be needed, sorry.

b) If you got the new game from GOG, you will need to email them asking for a multiplayer-compatible CD Key. The one that comes with purchase is not unique, and so anyone who got their game from GOG and did not do this will be competing for the same key on our server. For that matter, anyone reading this who hasn't already done this here should as well, it's free and you won't be blocking others who haven't gotten theirs from playing online.

I suggest you still look around and thumb through information about the place that might be different since you were here, last! 

Dorganath

Hi there, and welcome 
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 09:39:21 pm »

Hi there, and welcome  back.

Generally, everything Acacea said is accurate. If you can get all that sorted out and remember your old Bioware username, you should be all set to get back with your old character(s).

If you can not remember or find your old Bioware username, I'm afraid the options are limited. I can certainly look it up based on a character name, but I would need some other verification that you are who you say you are to release that to you.

We can handle any details you want to keep out of the public eye via forum PM.

<-- Click the "Send PM" button at left

anything