The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ok sorry all i forgot  (Read 641 times)

Rainstorff

ok sorry all i forgot
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:17:55 pm »
I seem to have forgotten which continent the Dwarven Nation is on. Can anyone help me? and do i need this info to create my character? and sorry all but where do i go to create i have forgotten ALL of it.

Acacea

Hey again! Even if it doesn't
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:20:58 pm »

Hey again! Even if it doesn't seem that way, it probably works out for the best that you've forgotten a lot of the PnP stuff, because SO MUCH has changed, and even things that haven't have faded from memory or become twisted in legend. Writers came and filled in a lot of things for NWN, writers left and took their stuff with them, writers came and rewrote a lot of stuff because of copyright... hehe. The bones remain, but there's an awful lot of fleshing out that's been done based off of it. I advise figuring out this stuff your character would know, and just forget the rest so it's new, instead of trying to use the old knowledge. 

As far as dwarven nations go, a certain dwarven fortress remains in the Brech Mountains on the southern tip of Mistone - Ulgrid is now its own kingdom, even by human standards, along with various others of Mistone (check out the map here). It is ruled by the Coldrocks. I believe a replica of Rainstorff's axe is kept within the temple to Vorax, there... 

There are a lot of other dwarven clans and locations that have been made famous, like Bloody Gate (old) or the restored Halls of the Runic Anvil under Mount Norand (new), but I'm guessing Ulgrid is the nation in question. You could also just be a dwarf from another clan of your making, somewhere else, in case you don't want to be burdened by learning too much of these other places ahead of time. Hope that is helpful. It looks like you found the submissions forum, so they should be able to help you out.

PS Milara is still around and making a jerk of himself.