The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pet Dragon CDQ?  (Read 669 times)

Teo

Pet Dragon CDQ?
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:02 am »
Just a random curiosity from a bored mind that just spent 6 hours in a long car ride through an incredibly flat state. . .Is there any chance it would be allowed for a character to go through a CDQ, or even CDQ series, to get. . .  A pet dragon?  Say, if the character lived in a remote location, tried to obtain a lisence from the nearest city, and snuck an egg from an evil dragon? 

Dorganath

A "pet" dragon is not likely.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:25 am »

A "pet" dragon is not likely. I would even go so far as to say impossible, even for a WLDQ, but I'm not the final word on that.  More likely, a dragon would keep a character as a pet...and by "pet" I mean "potential snack".

There is, however, precedence for some characters having some...favor with young dragons, but such a relationship can hardly be characterized as you suggest above.  In such cases, the dragon remains fully in the control of GMs and is most likely not at a character's beck and call.

And for full disclosure, possessing a dragon egg  will make a character into a target. Nevermind that the eggs themselves are fairly large and heavy.  If a character somehow managed to sneak off with an egg, that egg's parent(s) would quite likely hunt it down, destroy the thief and bring the egg back to its lair.

That said, you're welcome to try!  *GM grin*

Aphel

*makes a quick, tactical
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 10:02:58 am »

*makes a quick, tactical attack in the opposite direction after seeing Dorg's grin*

EdTheKet

Teo wrote:Is there any chance
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »

Quote from: "Teo"&nid="10162476"

Is there any chance it would be allowed for a character to go through a CDQ, or even CDQ series, to get. . .  A pet dragon?  Say, if the character lived in a remote location, tried to obtain a lisence from the nearest city, and snuck an egg from an evil dragon? 

no chance at all I'm afraid.