The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: problem with my chest...  (Read 246 times)

Riven

problem with my chest...
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:08:28 pm »
Hello,
and oops...

I'm renting a room, and the owner of the house was nice enough to put a chest in the room. However, when I saw how many people were coming and going from the house today I attempted to do to the chest, what I did to my room door.

As a rogue, I "locked" the door, and it succeeded, and was easy to unlock by myself. So I "locked" the chest (using the Open Locks skill, not the locking mechanism an owner of a chest has), and it locked (DC of 1 to lock), but now to unlock it it has a DC of 120-something. So...can't open the chest.

silly me.
so, if a gm might send a tell when i'm online, that would be helpful. Or, do you think the owner of the house who set the chest is able to unlock it?

thanks!
Login: Rrraoul
Player: Riven Ring-Cleaver
(and others - Bron Skallagrimsson, Isbjorn, Aka'ashi Horseteaser)

Weeblie

Re: problem with my chest...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:55:18 pm »
I think this should clear itself up too when the server is restarted (happens once in a few days due to crashing/manual reset). :)

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »
The owner of the chest should be able to unlock it with the furniture tool also.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »
Yes. My advice would actually be to get a piece of furniture that can block the door, but can be "Rotate[d] 90 Degrees" with the furniture tool so you can get past.

Riven

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:28:07 am »
Thanks All!