The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question!  (Read 902 times)

Alkain

Question!
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:28:52 am »
Apologies if this should be elsewhere, but would it be possible for me to apply for a Sun Elf character? And if so, any additional requirements? Please and thank you :) EDIT: Also, in case I can not play a Sun Elf, the standard Elf race is Moon Elf correct?

miltonyorkcastle

Yes, you may submit a Sun Elf
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:19:43 am »

Yes, you may submit a Sun Elf character. It is not a restricted race. Here is the information on Sun Elves: http://layonara.com/lore/sun-elf

Happy character creation!

Alkain

Alright, cool. That leads to
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:23:04 pm »

Alright, cool. That leads to another question though, and this is probably a doozy. Could I make a character from Sadinia(I'm personally thinking upper middle class, but that can be subject to change) and if so, is there any additional information I should/can have?

miltonyorkcastle

You absolutely can. You
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

You absolutely can. You wouldn't even be the first. You'll just need a reason for why the character, a Voltrexian elf, leaves the homeland of homelands to adventure. Kicked out? differing philosophies from his bretheren? Or whatever.

As for more information, read up about Voltrex in general, and the other elves living there.

IceDragonDuvessa

There would likely be a lot
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »

There would likely be a lot of caveats to cover making the character from Voltrex. Since voltrex is a restricted land you wouldn't be able to come and go as you please so you would need to cover why did he/she leave? Voltrex elves are highly proud so leaving would likely add some level of dishonor. Again, I will defer to the actual character approvers but it sounds like you are setting yourself up for a tough approval  process :).

Alkain

Restriced as in just hard to
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 07:20:53 pm »

Restriced as in just hard to get to without guidence, right? And yeah, I have a couple ideas about why he'd leave. As for being a though process.... I won't know until I try! :)

Alatriel

[GM/CA input] You're
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »

[GM/CA input] You're definitely welcome to create a Sun Elf character from Voltrex.  It's not restricted to have a character from there.  However, once a Voltrexian Elf leaves his/her homeland they are not allowed to permanently reside there again (in any normal circumstances).  They wouldn't have to necessarily be kicked out or shamed into leaving (unless you wanted them to be!), and other than the fact that they chose to go live amongst the non-elves (disgusting!), they wouldn't be so much dishonored really, just... well, looked down upon for choosing lesser beings over their own kind. 

So... go for it! *smiles*

Alkain

Oh wow, that's actually along
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »

Oh wow, that's actually along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for the reply! :)

EDIT: Oh! Last question(maybe) I can't seem to find the date anywhere on the site? Can someone give it to me please?

Alkain

Well, it's been a couple days
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

Well, it's been a couple days so... BUMP! >.>

Alatriel

Sorry Alkain, been under the
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 05:20:53 pm »

Sorry Alkain, been under the weather.  You don't really need to use an exact date if you keep things vague.  I don't have the exact date right now, but if anyone else who has been in game knows that would be useful.  My advice would just be to keep things vague unless you really needed specifics.

Alkain

Alright, thanks :)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »

Alright, thanks :)

anything