The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: question about Aasimar  (Read 119 times)

Wusterose

• View Profile
    question about Aasimar
    « on: August 09, 2008, 01:52:40 pm »
    Are the Aasimars considered halfings or full human or elf depending on the way you wish to go with your RP? Also do you believe I'd be penalized for my Aasimar character favoring a sword & shield rather then a greatsword or other height favored weapons? P.S. I'm intending to walk the path of a paladin.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: question about Aasimar
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:56:32 pm »
    They are considered Humans (As far as Size)....  Where did you get the Idea they are considered Halflings?  It says on the Aasimar page the base race is Human...

Wusterose

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 01:57:31 pm »
      Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
      They are considered Humans....  Where did you get the Idea they are considered Halflings?  It says on the Aasimar page the base race is Human...
      I didn't it was just a clarification question is all :D. Better safe then denied. :(

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:59:05 pm »
      From [lore]assimar[/lore]:
      "There is no difference between Aasimar hailing from Human, Elven or other lineage, it is the touch of the divine that makes them what they are, regardless of their other ancestry."

I'm not sure if that answers your question....

And if you're wanting to be a paladin, it's the deity's favored weapon that would be the most important for RP purposes.

Hope that helps.

Wusterose

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 02:02:20 pm »
        Yes that helps thank you again since you answered my other question. :D Um, so which race would be better suited for Rofirein i know human but could it be possible for elf if i build the biography around that? O.o

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 02:17:12 pm »
        You can make the race whichever in RP, but it won't change much as far as what you look  like IG.  And you don't get any extra bonuses for picking an Elf Lineage.  You could even prolly get away with a halfling Aasimar with some serious backstory, but you will still appear ingame as a "human"

Acacea

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 02:37:29 pm »
        I don't know, I don't really see any point in making a halfling one, since aasimar only exists as a human subrace. We have had an elf or three, but kind of meh on that, personally. I'd rather a half-elf, because they are much more similar to humans and so the difference isn't as big. Plus, half-elves can't breed anyway, so they have that in common with both lineages! ;)

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 05:58:56 am »
        I do not think I will be approving an halfling one. Trying to steer away from things like that...

guillermoe

• View Profile
          « Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 12:25:39 am »
          Hi!
          I believe that what OP intended to ask was: "Are Aasimars considered by humans, elfs, dwarves, etc as a cross breed such as an Half-elf or half-orc... in this case being Half-celestial? (Some fantasy stories use halfling to describe a person born of a human parent and a parent of another race, often a human female and an elf.).

What I understand from the description of Aasimars in the FAQs is that, Celestial ancestry is so far away from the actual character that it is something like 95% human). But what do GMs say about this?

anything