The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about Acquiring a Temporary Home for Crimson Company  (Read 3230 times)

Riven

Question about Acquiring a Temporary Home for Crimson Company
« on: August 27, 2021, 02:08:35 am »
Hello,

Bron, Gumbo, and Van may be teaming up to buy a home, since the dwarven Crimson Company caves has not been able to be created and there's no telling when it will be (actually, Hellblazer created it in the new Fort Wayfare, but he's been waiting on Orth to put that into place, and there's no telling when that will be).

So, a few questions:

1. There's a tower just west of Fort Wayfare in the Dark Peak of the Watchers. The door is locked, no address or owner. Can we purchase that and turn that into the temporary or permanent Crimson Company guild?

OR
2. Is there a process for potentially purchasing a home from a player who has not had a presence on the server in a long time and turn that into the temporary or permanent Crimson Company home? I don't know if these players still play or not, but
176 Wayfare is owned by Kenzie (with Cherry).
189 Wayfare (the cave/home) Crimson Shield - Tod Fellow (and I see Lana Poetr and Charlie Poetr have items in it).
And the abandoned fort/tower near Fort Vehl - the Coalition. Is that still functioning? (Tyrra Dragonheart and others).
Potentially there are homes in Hempstead that have been sitting abandoned by players who no longer are on the server. Could we acquire one of those?

Thanks for considering!

The following users thanked this post: davidhoff, willhoff

Riven

Re: Question about Acquiring a Temporary Home for Crimson Company
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 12:22:56 pm »
A little context:

My original intent was to create an environment to support dwarven RP:

A dwarven guild, with a feast hall for celebrations, a training hall for RP'ing training with younger adventurers, and a place where a bunch of dwarves could live. Somewhere centrally located for easy access by other dwarves who chose not to live there, but wanted to frequent it for RP, battle plans, trading, etc.

So we hunted down the Stonesmashers IG (Orth) and hired them to build it in the mountains East of Center (the Ire Mountains). Bron started stockpiling iron and oak, but eventually stopped since we never got the price and material list for the project, and I didn't want to be collecting things that may be not needed.

Now it's been over two years since a group of five dwarves birthed this concept, and then other dwarves got on the bandwagon with support. Can we move forward with something a little more in line with the concept than buying a small house in one of the limited areas that still has a house for sale - krandor, hlint, haven, are the only ones I found (and Haft Lake which does not work for us dwarves)?

So, is there a site we could fairly easily turn into a dwarven hearth-home / guild hall?
Maybe we could just copy the Dwarven Army Guildhall interior plans into a different site, and use that exact layout. Maybe this is a temporary location until the new Fort Wayfare, or maybe it continues as the permanent one.

Here would be a great location for a dwarven hearth-home / Guildhall:

In the Ire Mountains, Gnoll Watchtower area (just off of Ire Mountains) there are stairs up to the top of a mountain. At the top is an abandoned small fort. Perfect for the this concept!

Or, just outside Fort Vehl, the tower that seemingly has no purpose, in Dark Peak of the Watchers.

There's also an empty tower and house just outside Center on Path to the Ire Mts...

Can this be done?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 12:55:52 pm by Riven »

The following users thanked this post: eltalstroneves

silverblades

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 12:55:37 pm »
Theres a dwarven town outside of High pass Fort, to the left behind the gate and that drake. With the spawns near it might be a lil hard for low levels to get to if you decide there. maybe  work on getting those moved as well.
There can be only One.

Riven

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 01:57:06 pm »
Hellblazer mentioned that at this time, until Orth is active, the only option we have is to buy an existing house that is currently for sale. So, we can do that, as a start. Unless another GM has any other ideas?

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:11 am »
Markyl could dig in to his pocket for the house purchase, if he can get admitted to the Crimson Company :)

willhoff

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 11:20:58 am »
Van is fine with both and officially nominates Markyl for brotherhood in Crimson!

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

Riven

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 01:21:50 pm »
Aye, Markyl would be a fine member of Crimson! With or without digging into pockets.
I don't think coin is the issue...it's where shall we land this company temporarily? I haven't found any houses for sale anywhere except Haven, Hlint, and Krandor (and one very expensive one in Vale). Haft Lake, I think, is out of the question, due to the neighbors!

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 02:46:02 pm »
Van is good with Haven for a temporary Crimson home

anything