The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question on Module/Areas  (Read 737 times)

Interia_Discordius

Question on Module/Areas
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:48:13 am »
I'm just making a toolset area of a house, but I needed to know what tlk file Layonara uses. I'm assuming its the layo specified one, but there's also the cep and cep2 tlk file, so I wasn't sure.

Also, when you request a house module, are you allowed to create it and edit it yourself, or do you "draw" the sort of layout you wish and send it to a GM to create?

Thanks!

Acacea

Re: Question on Module/Areas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:11:24 am »
Layo doesn't use the CEP. We use a lot of content from it, but not the CEP itself. The tlk file is the latest numbered Layo one...19 I think?

I'm confused - is this for a housing remodel or something else? If so, when you want to remodel your home yourself, create the area with the specifics you want and export it as an .erf rather than sending the whole module. To do this you just right click on the area name and click "export." Then you would post it in your thread in that forum and they would add the finishing touches, like the tags and so on. Even if that's not the purpose of this question, export just the areas rather than sending a module, as then anyone can simply import it rather than dissecting it for you.

If a remodel, mind the tileset, size of the area, and any placeables you add, as the price will go up depending on changes you make to that. If not, I'm hesitant to answer further as I'm not sure of the purpose. ;)

Nibor21

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 04:17:02 am »
You need the Layo TLK file - http://www.layonara.com/local_links.php?action=jump&id=16&catid=3

You also need the Layo Haks in the correct order in your module:

layo_controlV3.rar
 layo_miscV3.rar
 layo_tilesBV3.rar  
 layo_placeV3.rar
 layo_final2_V3.rar
 layo_final1_V3.rar
layo2_extra_v1
layo2_update_v1
layo2_crea_v2
layo2_art_v6
layo2_misc_v1

It certainly helps the house re-modellers if you send you them an area to work with.

Remember the re-modelling cost increases a crazy amount if you change the tileset.

Also adding placeable is frowned upon - this is due to server performance issues

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:24:43 am »
My thanks :)

Yeah, I'm just playing around with ideas for a house remodeling...

I think I'll stick with just designing it and exporting it as a .erf though. Much easier, for all of us I'm sure ;)

One other question...The underground hut-type houses in Prantz. What's the initial size for those, and can one add lower levels? Just want to see what your limits are on remodeling.

Thanks again!

Nibor21

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 05:48:20 am »
Quote from: Interia_Discordius
One other question...The underground hut-type houses in Prantz. What's the initial size for those, and can one add lower levels? Just want to see what your limits are on remodeling.

Thanks again!

Ok the size of one of those houses is 4 x 6.

Houses can only be one area. However within the area you can add as many floors as you can fit.

A housing remodel cost a minimum of 1/3 of the purchase price. This is the fee if you keep the basic structure of the house in tact, but add say a couple of stud walls.

You can increase the area of the house interior but this costs big bucks. Probably several times the initial purchase price.

In addition you can also change the exterior of the house, but this becomes silly money. the last quote I did for someone where the house exterior wanted to be changed was 1 million True, on a 65k house.

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:38:36 am »
Heh... I assume the surrounding area had to be changed to fit it or something? Otherwise that's kind of gross...

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 12:11:37 pm »
Ah, thank you very much :) That's all then!

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 12:17:22 pm »
"....Heh... I assume the surrounding area had to be changed to fit it or something? Otherwise that's kind of gross..."

That is correct.

Crunch

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 04:39:30 pm »
Just like McMansions in real life.  : )