The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Immunity to death and weird:  (Read 202 times)

Krell Himmler

Immunity to death and weird:
« on: February 07, 2008, 07:39:22 pm »
Does immunity to death, say shadow shield, stop weird?

Pibemanden

Re: Immunity to death and weird:
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:40:01 pm »
Only true seeing stops weird

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:34:55 pm »
Weird is not death magic, it's Illusion.  True seeing, as Pibemanden said, is its only true immunity.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:17:19 pm »
Ok, thanks.

Blackguy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:33:41 am »
Also to add to this. An item that gives true seeing, should you have one, does not protect you from weird. Only the spell True Seeing does. Hope it helps.

Masterjack

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 06:57:20 am »
If you were immune to fear and immune to mind effects would weird affect you the same way if at all. I know mechanically it would not be able to change the effect but if it was during a GM event could it be Rp'd.

I ask this because weird is an illusion that you think is real, that scares you to death. The person above would see the illusion but not be afraid.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 07:26:53 am »
Although if I were to hazard a guess I would be thinking that this spell was mostly a rogue killer, immune or not, as opposed to a fighter or mage killer.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:30:48 am »
I repeat again: True Seeing is the only immunity to Weird.  Immunity to Fear and Mind-affecting is not sufficient.  

As Blackguy mentioned, items and properties which give True Seeing through some mechanic other than spells do not protect against Weird.  

And at the risk of launching into a rant about this spell, I have spent way too many hours working on it to get it to work as it's supposed to work, battling Bioware bugs the whole way.  

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion of how you think this spell should work.  If this happens, I'm locking the thread.  As it works now is how it will remain, which is as close to 3rd Edition D&D rules as I have been able to get it.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:42:52 am »
Sorry, I was talking about how it's a fortitude and a will save and as mages have a strong will and fighters a strong fortitude it wouldn't be as dangerous to them as it would be to rogues, who have a weaker save for will and fort in general. Unless it wasn't about me in which case I retract my clarification post ^^

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:50:11 am »
It was a general comment, not directed at anyone in particular, but thank you for clarifying.

anything