The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Red Dragon Disciple, Spellsword, and CDQ's  (Read 1075 times)

kilraq

• View Profile
    Re: Red Dragon Disciple, Spellsword, and CDQ's
    « Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52:43 pm »
    Quote from: AeonBlues
    There are certain server rules here that you should be aware of.

At level 20, you must have at least 5 levels in any class that you take.

You can expect a wait time of 3 to 6 weeks between the time that you are approved to take a CDQ and the time that you complete said CDQ.  This depends largely on the DM that you chose.  Their availability, their wait list, etc.  Remember that this DM actually has to write an adventure for you ;)

That being said, if you don't have a secondary character to play with, you will probably gain a level or two during this process.

RDD will only be approved after level 20.

AeonBlues

*Nods*  I saw that in the forums somewhere and I figured it accordingly.  If I DO go this route, I planned on going 5 Sorc, 5 Fighter and anything from there on would be the Spellsword.   Not the most exciting or powerful build, but a wonderful one to RP.

And I aware of the DM time.  I have been reading a lot of this forum and all I can think to do is salute the DM's of this world for the valiant effort they have obviously put forward in making this a good game, with as large of a world/player base that you have.   So if my character has to spend 3-6 weeks (Whatever that is game time) helping out some business man or spending a small vacation with my family (find his father and just travels with him?) or some such nonsense I am more than happy to be patient.

These are real people in their world.  Can't be adventuring or defying death all the time.  *chuckles*

darkstorme

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 02:31:18 am »
    Quote from: kilraq
    Now I just need to find a new starting warrior who wants to tag along with me and impress Kilraq with his "great strength of feet."

((Cookie points for whoever gets the reference)).

Robin Hood, Men in Tights.  Duh. :)

"Why will the people follow you?"
    "Because, unlike certain other Robins, I can speak with an English Accent!"

Acacea

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 02:40:16 am »
    Did you say Abe Lincoln?

*hides*

kilraq

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 12:06:06 pm »
      *Just starts to fall over laughing*

Oh I can see I will fit in here.   *wipes away tears*

Faldred

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 01:29:15 pm »
      Quote from: darkstorme
      A CDQ can only be requested once your character reaches Level 10, and then there's a 2 month waiting period between completion of the quest and a second request.  Essentially, with a CDQ, there is some major, pivotal event that you wish your character to undergo - so a GM runs it for your character and (usually) some of their companions.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can request a CDQ prior to level 10 for the explicit purpose of getting approval to take a PrC.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 01:34:19 pm »
      Quote from: darkstorme

An ECDQ is no longer strictly required to reach Level 21, but it's a massive gap otherwise - check out the Experience Table to see what I mean.  It HAS to occur at or after 20th level, however.

Does that mean once level 20, and given the proper work done on the players part (CDT, RP, what have you...), a PC can achieve level 21 as the result of a completed ECDQ?

Pibemanden

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 01:42:32 pm »
      Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
      Does that mean once level 20, and given the proper work done on the players part (CDT, RP, what have you...), a PC can achieve level 21 as the result of a completed ECDQ?

Not can, you will achieve level 21 if you are between 20 and 21.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 01:49:52 pm »
      Really?  But is a ECDQ the same as a WLDQ where you need to do something significant?

Pibemanden

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 01:55:34 pm »
      Really?  But is a ECDQ the same as a WLDQ where you need to do something significant?

WLDQ replaced ECDQ, EDCQ was needed to go above level 20 before. Now you need to get over the jump in xp or complete a WLDQ at level 20.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 02:08:09 pm »
      So an ECDQ won't get you to level 21 anymore?  I'm confused cause you just said it would...

Pibemanden

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 02:09:56 pm »
      So an ECDQ won't get you to level 21 anymore?  I'm confused cause you just said it would...

ECDQ=WLDQ the name just changed*Coughs* And the rules too, but that is a whole other story, the term ECDQ doesn't exist any more

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 02:11:58 pm »
      Ooooh!  Alright, thats clear enough for even me to understand =)

Thank yous!

kilraq

• View Profile
        « Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 05:58:31 pm »
        Ok, just want to make sure I am clear on this now, since I should have my expansion today and thus can finally make my character.

I need to resubmit Kilraq now with the request for him to be a multiclass, primary as a sorc and secondary as a fighter?   I don't intend for him to just start picking up being a fighter, I wanted him to see others in action, to be awed by it and thus try and learn it as he gets a level or two in Sorc.

If this is doable I got a VERY nice RP plan for him.   But I just want to make sure if I need to resubmit Kilraq now for multiclassing.

Acacea

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 06:34:10 pm »
        If you are already approved as a sorcerer, you can just roleplay the fighter learning and so on in game and in dev thread and resubmit him when you want to take fighter levels.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
        I can help you towards your fighter levels too if you like.  Just look me up.  =)

kilraq

• View Profile
          « Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 08:18:23 pm »
          I'd appreciate that Shiff.  

And I will do that then Acacea.  I got a good idea on how to arrange it.   *Salutes*  My thanks.